Zambia Land Alliance
Zambia Land Alliance (ZLA) is a network of non-governmental organizations advocating for policies, laws and administrative systems that take into consideration the interests of rural and urban poor and marginalized communities. The alliance was founded in 1997 as a committee to coordinate the work of its members on land as a response to the land reforms of the government in the 1990s. In the last twenty years, ZLA has been coordinating land programmes of its members, partners, and District Branches which are involved in advocating for gender-sensitive pro-poor land policies, legislation and strengthening land governance structures. The Alliance is currently recruiting for the position of Executive Director.
Responsible to the National Board Directors for providing Strategic and visionary leadership with full operational responsibility in the development, implementation and evaluation of strategies.
- Provide Strategic leadership and direction to the organization staff
- Performing functions as Secretary to the Board of Zambia Land Alliance
- Heading the National Office (Secretariat) of ZLA and carrying out overall administrative functions of the Alliance including management of multicultural human resources and also financial resources in conjunction with staff and members of the Alliance.
- Developing and implementing ZLA strategic plans and annual work plans and budgets for efficient and effective management and achievement of results.
- Overseeing national campaigns and lobby activities of the alliance among District Branches, member organizations, and partners
- Spearheading networking with other civil society organizations and relevant Government institutions for enhancement of ZLA objectives and goal.
- Representing the Alliance at various local and international forums and acting as Spokesperson of ZLA on behalf of the Board chairperson
- Spearheading resource mobilization activities for ZLA including negotiating with prospective funders to raise resources for the alliance
- Reporting progress on activities of ZLA and providing advice to the ZLA Board in land policy and law issues for the Board to make strategic decision and actions to the interest of the organization and the disadvantaged people in Zambia at large.
- Contracting staff and consultants to perform assignments of the alliance
- Participating in monitoring and evaluating the ZLA programmes and take necessary measures for improved performance
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with government agencies, donors and other NGO’s to avoid duplication of services
- Performing any other organizational responsibilities as delegated by the Chairperson of ZLA.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s Degree preferred in Law, Land Economy, Real Estate Studies, Land administration, Leadership, Developmental studies, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Management or Urban and Regional Planning.
- Strong management and supervisory skills.
- Mature, with strong leadership skills, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver the organization’s articulated vision
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic and political issues
- Demonstrates effectiveness and leadership experience in resource mobilization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Over Seven years of experience working in civil society organizations
- At least three years experience in a senior management position in a civil society organization
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV and application letter, clearly stating your salary expectations. Your CV should have contact details of at least three (03) traceable referees. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date for applications consider your application unsuccessful. Send your application documents to [email protected], copying: [email protected], and [email protected] The deadline for receiving applications is 26th April 2019. ZLA is an equal opportunity employer, and women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.