Zambia Postal Services Corporation
Purpose of the Job
The overall purpose of the job of the Director Finance is to manage the Corporation’s and Subsidiaries’ financial and treasury functions and provide accurate and timely information as well as advice to Management for decision making. The position will be responsible for complex data analysis, budget forecasting, financial reporting and accounting, and making strategic financial decisions that will promote long-term financial gain.
This is a Senior Management position at grade P10 and is part of the Executive Management Committee (EMC) of the Corporation. The work station is ZamPost Headquarters in Ndola.
The Director Finance reports to the Postmaster General
Statement of Key Responsibilities
The main duties or responsibilities of the Director Finance include but are not limited to the following:
- To oversee all aspects of financial management and financial systems implementation and financial reporting and accounting including consolidated accounts for group management.
- To prepare and implement annual budgets as well as providing parameters and other guidelines to Controlling Officers involved in submitting budgets.
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts for monitoring and assessment of the Corporation’s performance for decision making.
- Planning and controlling availability of funds to finance the Corporation’s operations and acquisition of capital assets.
- Establish and maintain sound financial management practices that seeks to minimise financial risk.
- The Corporation being a public institution, the position holder should ensure financial operations and practices are compliant with the Public Finance Management Act of 2018, the Postal Services Act No.22 of 2009 and other legislations relevant to the Corporation.
- Reviewing treasury management systems and procedures to ensure that they are efficient and effective.
- Reviewing of internal and strategic controls and risk assessments
- Providing financial advice relating to negotiations for business contracts.
- Analyse the financial climate and market trends to assist senior executives in creating strategic plans for the future
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions and accountants
- Update and implement financial policies and procedures
- Maintain a policy manual for the finance department
Knowledge and Skills:
- Critical thinking and analysis with strong aptitude for math
- Good communication skills, superior interpersonal skills presentation skills
- Computer literacy (A high degree of computer literacy; experience with accounting packages and ability to learn new software) will be an added advantage
- High standards of personal integrity
- Strong team leadership skills
- Ability to form professional relationships at all levels of the organization and with appropriate stakeholders
- Tenacity and Ethics
- Current knowledge of industry practices, trends and issues
- Exceptional negotiating and decision making skills
- Strong management or leadership skills as exhibited by experience in effectively leading a team and/or chairing committees
Experience and Education:
- Bachelors Degree in Finance/Accounting, along with ACCA, ZICA or CIMA. A Masters Degree is an added advantage
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Minimum 8 years experience in Finance at senior management level in a reputable organization
- Active membership in a relevant professional association is a must.
Interested candidates are invited to send hard copies of Curriculum Vitae (CV), application letter and supporting certificates through EMS to the address below not later than 26th January, 2021
The Manager Human Resources
Zambia Postal Services Corporation
Plot No. 5050 – 5051, Zambia Road
ZamPost is an Equal Opportunity Employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.