Website Zambia Red Cross Society
PLANNING MONITORING, EVALUATION, AND REPORTING (PMER) ASSISTANT.
About the Organization
The Zambia Red Cross Society (ZRCS) is a Humanitarian Organization established in 1966 by an Act of Parliament CAP 307 of the laws of Zambia as an auxiliary institution that augments government’s efforts in developmental works and humanitarian assistance. ZRCS is part of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC). In line with its mandate, ZRCS partners with the Government of the Republic of Zambia in responding to both man-made and natural disasters, including epidemics.
ZRCS in collaboration with various stakeholders to address a cholera epidemic in Zambia, working closely with public authorities. In an effort to enhance its response, ZRCS is recruiting for a position of Planning Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting (PMER) Assistant. The PMER Assistant will be coordinating and executing monitoring, evaluation, and reporting activities related to the cholera response initiative. The role involves systematically assessing intervention impact, tracking progress, and ensuring alignment with the overall goal of ending the outbreak. ZRCS aims to strengthen its operational capacity by inviting applications from suitable qualified individuals, intending to leverage their expertise in navigating the complexities of the cholera epidemic response to fill the Position of PMER Assistant
Duration: 1 year
Station : Lusaka – Headquarter
When required: Immediately
Reporting to; PMER Manager
Data Collection and Management:
- Collect and compile relevant data on cholera outbreak response activities.
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Develop and maintain databases to facilitate efficient data management.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Regularly monitor the progress of cholera emergency response interventions
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reports on key performance indicators.
- Analyze data trends to identify emerging issues and recommend appropriate actions.
- Ensure the quality and integrity of data through regular data verification and validation exercises.Collaborate with the team to implement and maintain data quality assurance mechanisms.
- Provide training and support to field staff on data collection and reporting.
- Promote a culture of monitoring and evaluation within the emergency response team.
Collaboration and Coordination:
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to enhance data sharing and coordination.
- Participate in coordination meetings to share monitoring and evaluation findings.
Learning and Innovation:
- Stay abreast of best practices in monitoring and evaluation for cholera response.
- Propose innovative approaches to improve the efficiency and impact of interventions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Development Studies, Demographic, Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics, or a related discipline.
- Previous experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably in emergency response or public health.
- Proficiency in data management and statistical analysis software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
- Knowledge of cholera prevention and response measures is an advantage.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references by clicking the link below
How to apply follow the following link.
The Zambia Red Cross Society (ZRCS) unequivocally emphasize its commitment to a transparent and merit-based recruitment process. Our organization upholds the principles of fairness and equal opportunity, and we strongly discourage any individual or entity from making payments in exchange for job opportunities within the Zambia Red Cross Society. It is our firm policy to ensure that all our recruitment processes are free of charge, and any claim or request for payment should be considered fraudulent. Any financial transactions related to the recruitment process are unauthorized, and individuals engaging in such practices are not affiliated with Zambia Red Cross Society. We remain vigilant in safeguarding the integrity of our recruitment procedures and appreciate the cooperation of all stakeholders in maintaining a fair and transparent process. We encourage all potential applicants to rely on official communication channels and verify the authenticity of any information related to job opportunities with the Zambia Red Cross Society.