Website Zambia Sugar
Zambia Sugar Plc. is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty)
Zambia Sugar Plc. is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions in the Business Improvement Department to be based at Nakambala.
CAPITAL PROGRAMME MANAGER x1 – PERMANENT
This position reports to the Business Improvement Director. The successful candidate will be responsible for project management and ensuring that functional investments scopes are included in the Capital Programme at the right in full.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- To develop and maintain a centre of excellence in alignment with PMI guidelines, quality standards and company requirements.
- Develop and govern project management policies, templates, tools to ensure best practice.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project Team, sponsors, and key stakeholders.
- Develop cross functional project execution capability in the business to ensure Zambia Sugar has sustained ability to execute core and large capex projects. Recruit and manage project staffing and requirements in line with project objectives.
- Coach and mentor project management practitioners and share knowledge of best practices
- Coordinate project deliverables with Project Managers, Functional Directors, and support contractors in a direct and indirect reporting structure.
- Managing the Capital Stage and Gate process, ensuring close integration of Functional Leads and Specialists to ensure clarity of quality specifications to deliver expected value and benefits.
- Stress tests all technical specifications of all applications with functional specialists.
- Support the scope of investment required by each of the functions, including challenge on the right projects to deliver value intent of the BU
- Agree the sequencing of Capital projects execution aligned to value realisation. Ensure that Capital is aligned to the Results Delivery Office for tracking and benefits governance.
- Manage the Interface with Finance department to manage budget requirements, cashflow forecasting and reporting
- Manage procurement of services and products, ensuring LLI management
- Ensure that all contractors meet the agreed SLA’s and Zambia Sugar standards for all assigned projects.
- Manage handover aligned to commission specifications- Project Integration activities to deliver the handover process from completing commission to BAU.
- Provide executive leaders with the information needed to assess and decide which proposals have the highest potential value, impact, and strategic alignment.
- Interface with executives to define project priorities, implementation opportunities, challenges and communicate project risks and opportunities.
- Support the drive for the inclusion of the ESG/CSR strategy within the capital programme.
- Create and communicate a clear 5-10 project plan enabling the business to make decision on options to deliver the strategic objectives.
Key Requirements Qualifications / Requirements areas
- Qualification: Degree in Civil/ Chemical / Mechanical / Electrical / C&I Engineering/ Project Management
- PMP or PgMP desired
- Experience: 12 years’ experience in engineering project management with at least 4 years running a PMO.
- Budget, cost, and profitability management skills.
- Knowledge of resource management tools
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Flexible, adaptable, and resourceful when managing changing timelines and multiple deliverables.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to establish and manage a high‐performance team.
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, registrations, and ID/Passport for the attention of HR Business Partner
Email: [email protected] indicating “Application – (Position Title)” in the subject line.
All internal employees are required to complete the Internal Application Form and obtain relevant signatures when applying for vacancies.
Closing date for applications is 7 February 2024
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.