Website Zambia Sugar
Zambia Sugar Plc. is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Artisan Welder in the Agriculture Department.
The position reports to the Maintenance foreman/ supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for Welding materials using the correct materials to join the metals.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Weld small and large components such as beams, and pipelines.
- Making hand made goods, which can be easily used.
- Sourcing the materials to be used in the project.
- Measuring and cutting materials to specifications.
- Welding materials using the correct materials to join the metals.
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventive measures to machine or vehicle users.
- Keep logs of work and report on issues
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Craft certificate in welding
- Should be 18 years and above.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a related field is an added advantage.
- Knowledge in Safety Health Environment Risk & Quality (SHERQ)
- Good interpersonal skills and working knowledge of computers as well as computational skill.
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and other systems and their components
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (e.g., screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g., calipers)
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction.
- Ability to work in noisy environments.
Should you be interested in applying for any of the roles, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations and ID/Passport for the attention of the HR Business Partner to [email protected] clearly stating the role applied for in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: 19th September 2023.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.