Website Zambia Sugar
Zambia Sugar Plc is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
EXECUTIVE PERSONAL ASSISTANT (1 POSITION, FRONT LINE MANAGEMENT) – NAKAMBALA (MAZABUKA)
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Executive Personal Assistant in the Executive Department, based at Nakambala offices in Mazabuka. The position reports to the Country Managing Director.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for providing Executive Personal Assistance and administrative support to the Country Managing Director and the Nakambala Executive Team (NET).
Key performance areas
- Provides effective and efficient personal assistance and administrative support to the Nakambala Executive Team (NET)
- Coordinates Directors’ calendars
- Compiles itineraries for internal and external Executives
- Responds to and manages internal and external requests for the Executives
- Prepares correspondence including reports, letters, memos, meeting agendas and minutes
- Assists in the development of presentations
- Processes quotations, purchase orders, invoices and ensures payments are made timeously
- Manages travel requirements and expenses
- Organises and finalises logistics for conferences and meetings, including all travel bookings and catering
- Carries out general office administration duties
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Executive Secretarial/Office Management or related field
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration/Management or related field will be an added advantage
- 5+ Years’ experience in an Executive Personal Assistant, Executive Secretary or office management function
- Member of the Professional Secretaries Association of Zambia
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to build strong relationships
- Proven track record of maintaining utmost confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively and proactively under pressure within limited time constraints
- Conscientious work ethic and proven ability to work efficiently and accurately and deliver high quality work
- Willingness to go the extra mile and work beyond normal hours of work whenever required to do so
- Exceptional planning and organizing skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated initiative and flexibility to adapt to developing situations
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgement
- A self-starter who is able to work independently with minimal (or no) supervision
- Good command of the English language, verbal and written
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office programmes
- Willingness to travel as and when required.
Should you be interested in applying for these roles, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations and ID/Passport to [email protected] . The subject of your email should read: Application: Executive Personal Assistant, respectively.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 8 June, 2022.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.