Website Zambia Sugar
Zambia Sugar Plc. is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Information Technology (IT) Technician under the Finance Department.
The position reports to the Senior I.T Engineer. The successful incumbent will be responsible for providing an onsite support service for all users on servers, printers, laptops, and desktops.
- Facilitate the replacement of outdated equipment and software
- Ensure all locally assigned incidents, requests and changes are actioned, updated accurately, reassigned, or closed appropriately, and are delivered to global standards as set by service delivery.
- Ensure that the site complies with customers audit as well as group standards at all times
- Administer, maintain and be accountable for the network consisting of servers, pc’s printers, switches, hubs, routers, and UPS’s
- Be accountable for all logged calls within the SLA and to communicate with the Help desk and ensure successful completion
- Manage the distribution and retention of data on various storage devices
- Undertake a regular service program, including support of operating systems
- Install approved software and hardware, connect users to networks and provide initial training
- Ensure efficient and effective utilization of applications and equipment by Users
- Establish and control systems access and security
- Monitor systems in order to optimize performance and initiate recovery action after system failures
- General housekeeping of the compute room, computer cabinets and cabling to Bytes Technology Group’s standards
- Communicate IT challenges to Senior Engineer and/or escalate where required
- Ensure compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) in site operations at all times
- Ensure cost optimization and budget compliance
- Manage and Track all IT assets onsite
- Promote and adhere to Group’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to Safety Health Environment Risk & Quality (SHERQ), Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
Minimum specifications / Requirements areas
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Computer Science, IT, or equivalent. A Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent qualification will be an added advantage.
- 2-3 years relevant experience
- Impressive, demonstrable track record of skills/experience gained within a similar position or at a similar level.
- Knowledge of wireless radios and Closed-circuit television (CCTV)
- Experience in Software installation and Configuration
- Willingness to go the extra mile and work beyond normal hours of work whenever required to
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ) or the Information and Communications Technology Association of Zambia (ICTAZ)
Should you be interested in applying for the above positions please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations, and ID/Passport to [email protected] clearly stating the role applied for in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 17 November 2022.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.