Website Zambia Sugar
Zambia Sugar Plc. is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the position of Mechanical Artisan Fitter. The position reports to the Maintenance Foreman
POSITION: MECHANICAL ARTISAN FITTER (1 POSITION – PERMANENT)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Key performance areas
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- Use the principle of Defect Elimination and demonstrate this in the quality of your maintenance practices (Illovo way of maintenance – iAMP).
- Ensure plant and equipment cleanliness is in line with the “5S” standard and ensure that for any completed job, the work area and machine is cleaned with waste disposed off in the right bins.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings of plant equipment.
- Repair and maintain conveyors, gearboxes, pumps, piping, valves, timing couplings and pulley etc.
- Carry out overhaul of equipment as and when required by Supervisor’s instruction e.g. gearboxes, conveyors, crystallisers, etc.
- Ensure the lubrication of all equipment in the area is performed to standard and as per PM WO plan.
- Inspect and replace defective vee belts on all drives.
- Repack glands on various valves, pumps and crystallisers etc.
- Fabricate various simple steel components using oxy/acetylene equipment and welding machine.
- Perform standby duties when called upon by the Supervisor.
- Ensure the Job Plan / Checklist on the WO is diligently followed as per the work-order tasks. Provide detailed feedback in terms of: (a) Actual work done / corrective actions taken (b) Man hours used, (c) Quantity of materials used, (d) Tools and (e) Failure mode where necessary
- Conduct and contribute to the RCA process in your section possessing a positive mind set and elimination of failure.
- Work with Optimization and Process teams to solve problems and promote cross functional engagement & teamwork.
- Ensure continuous improvement by implementing functional best practices.
- Monitor own section KPIs , understand your contribution to them, contribute to solutions to resolve out of spec KPIs and maintain actions to sustain KPIs being within spec .
- Execute work for stop day, shut-down and off-crop maintenance activities on the plant equipment and carry out the maintenance timeously without delay to production
Minimum specifications / Requirements areas
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Craft Certificate in Mechanical Fitting
- 1+ years post experience in a robust plant environment
- Training or knowledge in basic Preventive maintenance
- Experience in the sugar industry is an added advantage.
Mandatory experience and competence requirements
- Competence in Mill maintenance (conveying, gearing, roll mill maintenance)
- Able to set and tune up the mills with great focus on LTA
- Highly experienced and able to accomplish work on the mechanically complex and demanding mills.
- Should be able to immediately add value upon recruitment
The subject of the email should read “Application – Mechanical Artisan Fitter- Manufacturing”
Should you be interested in applying for this position, please email your detailed CV & copies of qualifications to [email protected]
All internal employees are expected to complete Internal Application Form attached and obtain relevant signatures when applying for vacancies. It should be noted that Curriculum vitae will not be accepted in lieu of Internal Application Form but may be annexed as an attachment.
Closing date for applications: 30th June, 2022 at 17:00hrs.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.