Zambian Breweries Plc Lusaka (ABInbev)
Dreaming big is in our DNA. Brewing the world’s most loved beers and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us. We are owners, empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges, and take accountability for the results. We are looking for talent that shares these values, that is ambitious, bold & resilient. We want talent that is looking for fast career growth, cross-functional experiences, global exposure and robust training & development.
The key purpose of this role is to ensure optimum utilisation of plant, raw materials and people, in a safe manner, to produce quality product at minimum cost which meets customer requirements and complies with legislation.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Maintain a Safe and Healthy Working Environment
- Implement and comply with safety, health and environmental legislation and procedures.
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards.
Manage Human Resources
- Develop employees.
- Ensure a healthy industrial relations climate.
- Manage and apply people policies and practices.
Optimise Plant and Equipment Availability
- Facilitate effective team dynamics.
- Implement performance management and OPR processes
- Communicate effectively in the workplace.
Manage Plant and Process Performance
- Conduct administration
- Optimise raw materials usage
- Support continuous improvement
- Plan production according to agreed Run Strategies
- Manages Line/s in accordance with VPO tools and principles
- Monitor and manage production processes to within budgets
- Ensure and maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Build and foster relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Ensure conformance to specifications and standards
- Ensure maintenance integrity
- Optimize process capability
- Support & Lead Line based projects
Coach Shift Teams
- Facilitate effective team dynamics
- Support the team leader in self and team development
- Communicate effectively in the workplace
Translate and Implement Packaging, Manufacturing and Business Strategies
- Lead The VPO Drive
- Implement Technical Strategies
- Ensure that all team members are fully conversant VPO
- Develop and drive implementation plans to progress maturity in the VPO principles and practices
Key Attributes and Competencies
- Proven Leadership ability
- In depth knowledge of Asset Care principles and good work practices
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Attention to Detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the principles and practices of VPO
- Good computer literacy, particularly Excel.
- Min – BSc. in Production Management or Equivalent
- Completed and checked out Packaging Traineeship
- Packaging (IBD)
- Training Min – Complete Packaging Traineeship or Diploma in Packaging plus 3 months on the job training
- 2-3 years as Team Leader or Training Specialist
Please note there are two vacancies for this role.
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than the 27th of January 2023.