Zambian United Mining Corporation Limited
Zambian United Mining Corporation Limited is currently conducting a mineral exploration program and seeks the services of a Geologist.
1. Work with the Tenures Manager in ensuring that all our mining tenements are up to date in terms of submission of quarterly and annual reports at the relevant mining cadastre.
2. Work with the Tenures Manager and/or relevant consultants in making sure that any applications for environmental permits such as the Environmental Project Brief(EPB) and Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIA) are handled in an efficient and expedient manner.
3. Participate in the continuous development and implementation of the exploration program;
- Target generation and acquisition.
- Geochemical and geophysical studies to narrow down on anomalies.
- Drilling campaigns.
- Use of appropriate modelling software in proposing recommendations following analysis of drilling data.
Minimum of an Undergraduate Degree in Geology.
Satisfactory performance at grade 12 or equivalent.
1. Must have a good understanding of the geology of the Central African Copperbelt vis-a-vis Copper/Cobalt including the history and deposit type of most of the large Copper/Cobalt mines within Zambia and the Katanga province of the DRC.
2. Able to effectively use geological modelling software such as Leapfrog, Micromine, Surpac or Datamine.
3. Awareness of the copper exploration life-cycle methods starting with the common geophysical, geochemical methods used to narrow in on a prospect before the drilling campaigns.
4. Understanding of the Zambia Mines and Minerals Development Act.
Ability to speak French will be an added advantage.
At least 2-3 years relevant experience within a mining company.
Must have a valid driving license and be willing to travel frequently.
Please share your CV and relevant qualifications only to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org