Zap is a payments startup that exists to provide a seamless payment experience between users and merchants. Our overall goal is to become a leading mobile payments provider across Africa.
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to join our startup team. You will be responsible for building the server applications that connect to our front-end clients.
If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications or improving existing ones, we would like to meet you. As a Back-end developer, you’ll work closely with other team members to build back-end applications that are scalable and maintainable.
Ultimately, you should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable backend applications to meet our company’s needs.
- Design clean system architecture and build robust back-end software
- Design, build, launch scalable infrastructure
- Work with design teams to develop and execute on requirements
- Write proper and complete test cases
- Use tools such as Kafka to improve scalability and performance
- Improve functionality of existing systems
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- 3+ years of professional experience developing in Java or Typescript or similar back-end languages
- Experience designing and implementing clean infrastructure
- Experience designing and building microservices or event driven architectures
- Experience with SQL or similar query languages
- Experience with RESTful API design and building scalable APIs
- Experience with common web frameworks such as Spring Boot or Express or similar back-end architectures
- Familiarity with Docker, Kafka and Git
- Familiarity with AWS or familiar cloud platforms
- Strong communication skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org