Zazu is a fintech start-up that provides mobile payment services and financial education courses to the Zambian market.
Our vision is to create the most helpful digital money account, ever. An account that makes it easy to understand where and how your money is going, that automatically categorizes spending and gives you the data you need to make informed decisions.
Along the way, we are partnering with government departments and NGOs to bring financial education to urban and rural communities in Zambia by way of financial literacy courses that can be taken on even the most basic mobile phone.
We’re not selling stuff that people don’t need, we believe we are and will continue to improve the outlook and quality of life for tens of thousands of people in Zambia and beyond, by empowering them with the knowledge and tools to make better financial decisions.
About the role
As a Customer Service Operator, you will have a very important role in the company. You will likely be the first point of contact for our customers and you will be responsible for keeping them happy throughout their experience with us.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Handle day-to-day queries from customers across different platforms (app, social media, emails and phone calls)
- Liaising with the technical team to provide easy to understand resolution for the customer
- Having opinions about which tools, processes, and procedures we should use and when
- Keep accurate records of all conversations with external stakeholders
- Prepare reports on customer experiences, and offer recommendations
- Be proactive and offer a genuine understanding of the issues customers are experiencing. What are our customers really saying?
- Carry out some administrative work, when required
Qualifications and Experience
You should apply if:
- You have a full Grade 12 certificate with minimum 5 O’level Credits or better including Mathematics and English.
- Previous work experience in a Customer Care Department.
- You have the ability to adapt to new tools and processes.
- You’re great at explaining things to people.
- You can write and speak English well enough to impress the Queen of England. And also have another local language under your belt, to impress your primary school teachers.
- You delight in investigating awkward problems, like a modern day Sherlock Holmes.
- You know your way around social networks, have used a CRM before, and technology interests you.
- You’re friendly, positive, empathic, have strong ethics and are super organised.
- You want to be part of influencing and improving the development of customer experience at Zazu.
- Able to work under minimal supervision
Desirable but not essential:
- Previous experience in the financial / mobile / startup sector
- You can speak and write more than one local language
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements must apply by emailing their Cover letter and CV to [email protected] by the 10th of April 2019 at 17:00 hours. Please clearly state the role being applied for in the email subject. Note that all applications received after the deadline will not be considered.