Aspire, Acquire, Prosper
Reporting to the Procurement Officer, the position is responsible for assisting in the coordination and initiation of purchase orders and procurement of goods and services for the Centre and conducting research to determine procurement of goods and services at competitive prices.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the preparation of annual procurement plans for the Centre.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of progress on all planned procurement activities.
- Assist in tracking vendors and ensure timely delivery.
- Liaise with Stores staff to ensure all materials are delivered in good condition.
- Assist in reviewing requisitions for completeness and accuracy and follow up on discrepancies with the initiating department and identify available suppliers for each requisitioned item.
- Assist in processing Purchase Requisitions and preparing Purchase Orders.
- Assist in receiving, opening, screening, logging and date stamping bid responses/quotations, as required and organize bids for review by the Procurement Officer.
- Perform general clerical duties such as maintaining general files, data entry, as well as completing and processing standard purchasing documents.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and appointments for the Procurement Officer as required and respond to inquiries which do not require the personal attention of the Procurement Officer.
- Performs any other duties lawfully assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Grade 12 Certificate with a minimum of five (5) “O” levels including English and Mathematics.
- Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply.
- Two (2) years practical work experience in the field.
- Conversant with Zambian Procurement Laws.
- Must be a fully paid-up Member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS) with a 2024 Practicing License.
- Must be Computer literate.
Signed applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of certificates and contact details (address/telephone/email) of at least two (2) traceable referees should be sent to the address below on or before 23rd February 2024. The position should be clearly marked on the envelope.
Please note that only short-listed candidates shall be responded to.
Applications should be sent to:
The Board Secretary
Zambia Centre for Accountancy Studies
P.O. Box 35243
Dedan Kimathi Road