Aspire, Acquire, Prosper
Reporting to the Matron, the position is responsible for cleaning and maintaining an inventory of property in the student hostels and allocating rooms and furniture to students.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checks students in their allocated hostel rooms.
- Allocates hostel furniture, equipment and other requirements to students such as beddings, cookers, kitchen utensils, etc as instructed by the supervisor.
- Keeps a record of beddings and other hostel items issued to students and reports all missing property to the supervisor.
- Clears students at the end of each semester to ensure that the Centre’s hostel furniture allocated to students at the beginning of the semester is accounted for.
- Reports students contravening rules and regulations to the supervisor.
- Attends to and resolves students’ minor complaints/problems such as loss of personal items, missing keys, broken utensils, unsatisfactory hostel facilities, etc and notifies the supervisor accordingly.
- Checks security of hostels, conducts inspections to ascertain that all empty rooms are locked and secured.
- Checks hostel surroundings to ensure that they are clean and well kempt.
- Cleans hostel rooms.
- Performs any other duties lawfully assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Grade 12 Certificate with a minimum of five (5) “O” levels including English and Mathematics.
- Minimum of one (1) year relevant experience, preferably in a hospitality industry.
- Must be Computer literate.
Signed applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of certificates and contact details (address/telephone/email) of at least two (2) traceable referees should be sent to the address below on or before 23rd February 2024. The position should be clearly marked on the envelope.
Please note that only short-listed candidates shall be responded to.
Applications should be sent to:
The Board Secretary
Zambia Centre for Accountancy Studies
P.O. Box 35243
Dedan Kimathi Road