Zengamina Power Ltd
Private power utility
Opportunity for a dynamic individual to join an expanding company and broaden experience with direct responsibilities, and through being part of an international group.
Job posting: Accounts and Administration Manager
Location: Ikelenge, North-Western Province, Zambia
About Zengamina Power Limited (“Zengamina”)
Zengamina is a fully integrated private utility in Ikelenge District, North-Western Province, Zambia, serving approximately 4,000 Zambians since 2007. Its power grid connects community households, institutions, and businesses across the district with power sourced from its 700 kW run-of-river hydropower plant and and distributed via its own grid network. Zengamina has recently started it significant expansion project that will hybridize the existing hydro scheme with PV and battery and add over 3,000 new connections.
About the role
Zengamina is looking for a capable and experienced professional to ensure maintenance of accurate financial records for the Company and to support the Company on all tax, compliance and accounting processes. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of internationally accepted accounting principles, use of accounting software, preparation of financial statements and ad-hoc reports, and general knowledge of compliance requirements in Zambia. She or he shall be able to work autonomously, shall take initiative, and be a good communicator. The Accounts and Administration Manager will report to the Zengamina General Manager and to the Group Finance team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Accounts and Administration Manager will be entrusted with the following duties and responsibilities:
Accounting & Financial Analysis
- Upload and post transactions in the accounting system
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all ledgers & sub ledgers for the group subsidiaries: account payables, account receivables, deferred revenue, fixed assets, inventories and bank accounts
- Process monthly billing and manage receivables till recovery
- Perform monthly close of book procedures on all company ledgers
- Ensure journals and account reconciliations are completed accurately and timely
- Payroll management: compute salaries, prepare payslips, set up payments, declare contributions
- Perform cash reconciliations
- Petty cash management
- Set up bank transfers
- Purchase request management
- Expense management
- Assist in budget planning and cash management
- Prepare the annual financial statements
- Handle the annual statutory audit
- Report management accounts to the Group
- Work with the Group Finance team in strengthening the control environment and improving the internal processes to improve quality of accounting records
- Create and maintain various spreadsheets and dashboards to analyse data
Tax & Compliance and other Administration tasks
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of all taxes and contributions, and annual returns
- Prepare necessary paperwork for tax declarations and payments
- Facilitate the communication with various stakeholders
- Keep up to date with regulatory environment
- Ensure compliance with the local jurisdiction requirements (filings, renewal of licenses)
- Collect financial and power generation KPI feeds for ERB reports
- Support various HR functions
- Assist in general administrative tasks
The ideal candidate would have the following skills and credentials:
Education and Experience:
- Five plus years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or similar (Full Grade 12 Certificate, ACCA level 2, ZICA Licentiate, CIMA level 2)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), QuickBooks; Odoo and other relevant accounting software a plus
- Experience with accounting for infrastructure projects and/or energy project development, especially Power & Utilities a plus
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Solid understanding of basic accounting and IFRS knowledge
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and reporting
- Detail-oriented and strong data gathering skills
- Good communication skills with team members
- Strong written and spoken English skills are required.
- Effective organizational and prioritization skills
- Commitment to professionalism and high standards of integrity and ethics
- Ability to work autonomously and with minimal instruction
- Takes initiative, positive and proactive, hands-on
- Able to work in a multicultural environment
- At ease working remotely and with online collaboration tools
Method of Application
If you are interested and feel that you meet the criteria outlined above, please send a copy of your current CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject “ZPL Accounts and Administration Manager”.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Zengamina Power is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Zengamina Power prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by law.
This policy extends to all terms and condition of employment within our organization, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com