KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY
TEACHING FOR EXCELLENCY
DISTANCE AND PART TIME PROGRAMMES FOR AUGUST 2019
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN TEACHING METHODOLOGY
The need for highly trained Lecturers and Teachers in Higher learning institutions and schools cannot be overemphasized. As a requirement by Higher Education Authority (HEA), Health Professional Council of Zambia and The Teaching Council of Zambia, all trainers must possess a Teaching Methodology qualification if not initially trained as Teachers or Lecturers.
To respond to this requirement, Kwame Nkrumah University has designed a unique programme in Teaching Methodology to equip would be Lecturers, Teachers, Instructors, Tutors, Peer educators and The clergy with qualifications in various fields but have no teaching methodology qualifications. This programme introduces the trainees to the general methods of teaching and the basic concepts of teaching and equips one with Ethics in Education and general code of conduct by teachers.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- Equip students with approaches to teaching
- Introduce students to general principles of teaching
- Equip students with use of teaching strategies
- Exemplify the teaching process and increase student retention of learnt materials
- Introduce students to Cognitive and Behavioural Learning Theories.
- Introduce the students to the importance and implications of Philosophy,
- Psychology and Sociology in education.
- Recognized qualification in any field at either Certificate, Diploma, Degree or PhD level.
- 1 year with 3 months of attachment or Teaching Experience.
Application forms can be downloaded from our website www.nkrumah.edu.zm or come in person at Academic office. For further details contact 0955772337/0975900402 or Send email to [email protected]
All applicants applying for admission between NOW and 31 st August 2019 will receive free application forms. Application forms may be obtained in person from Academic Office or at Open Distance Learning Unit at East Campus and Main Campus or visit our website: www.nrw_nkrumah.edu.zm