What is a Medical Doctor?
A medical doctor is ahealth care professional responsible for assessing, diagnosing and treating a variety of medical services.
- Hospital doctor
- General Practitioner (GP)
What skills do you need to work as a medical doctor?
- Strong scientific ability
- Ability to learn and retain large amounts of information
- Commitment to providing high quality care
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable using technology
Where do medical doctors work?
Medical doctors usually work in hospitals or in general health practices. Doctors specialize in areas such as: General Practice, Anesthetics, Obstetrics, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, and Orthopedics.
Typical work activities
- Diagnosing, investigating and treating patients
- Monitoring patients
- Carrying out medical procedures
- Providing advice and guidance to the general public
- Issuing referrals to other health care professionals
- Updating and monitoring patient records
Find out more
Watch & Listen
Search for jobs in medicine
To find the latest jobs in medicine in Zambia check out www.gozambiajobs.com today.