The Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), through Ministry of Technology and Science (MoTS), created the Science and Technology Postgraduate Scholarships (STPS) aimed at promoting a critical mass of scientists, engineers and researchers at postgraduate level, and to increase participation of women in the science and technology fields. Therefore, MoTS is inviting suitably qualified Zambians to apply for fifteen (15) PhD and fifteen (15) MSc Scholarships for the 2022/2023 academic year.
These Scholarships are tenable in any of the following fields of study; Geography, Mining, Geology, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Geo-informatics, Biotechnology, Pharmacognosy, Forensics, Renewable Energy, Agriculture, Pathology, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Fourth Industrial Revolution courses (41R), Climate Change related courses, Nuclear Science and Technology and Space Science and Technology, and any other related courses.
Women are encouraged to apply, as 70 percent of the scholarship will be awarded to female applicants, while 30 will go to male applicants. This is in line with the National Development Plans and Government’s mandate of supporting agriculture, mining, industrialization and digital transformation for socio-economic development.
The Scholarships will be offered to candidates who will meet the following requirements:
- Must be Zambian and in possession of a Green National Registration card (NRC);
- Must have a full Grade 12 Certificate with at least credits in 5 ‘0’ levels,
- Must possess letters of acceptance from a recognized accredited local public Universities;
- PhD applicants must have a Master of Science Degree or its equivalent in a science related field which is an acceptable prerequisite to the field being applied for;
- MSc applicants must have a Bachelor of Science or its equivalent in a science related field;
- Maximum age of 40 years for male and 45 years for female at MSc; and,
- Maximum age of 45 years for male and 50 years for female at PhD.
The Applicants should submit the following:
- An application letter responding to the advertisement;
- Validated copies of Degree Certificates by ZAQA, official transcripts of results, photocopy of NRC;
- A photocopy of the acceptance letter from a recognized accredited local public University;
- Letters of recommendation from employers. Note that only candidates in full time employment will be considered. A letter from your employers will be required. However, those n informal employment must submit supporting documents showing their entrepreneurship, science and technology related field will be an added advantage;
- Two recent passport size photos of the candidate;
- A duly completed application form obtained from the Ministry of Technology and Science, Lusaka or can be downloaded www.mots.gov.zm/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/2022-STPS-application-form2.pdf:
- Curriculum Vitae with names, addresses and contact details of three (3) traceable referees; and,
- Any other documents in support of the application.
Note that successful candidates shall be bonded either by their employer, according to their institutional training policy, and by the Ministry of Technology Science, for the duration equivalent to the period of the sponsorship.
Applications must be clearly marked “S&T Postgraduate Scholarship” and must be submitted to the email: [email protected] or to the following address;
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Technology and Science
P.O. Box 50464,
Los Angeles Boulevard,
Attention: Director Science and Technology
For more information, please contact the Ministry of Technology and Science or email [email protected]
Note: Only successful candidates will be communicated to. Closing date 26th August 2022.