What is Physiotherapy?
The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy states that “Physiotherapy is a healthcare profession that works with people to identify and maximise their ability to move and function. Functional movement is a key part of what it means to be healthy. This means that physiotherapy plays a key role in enabling people to improve their health, wellbeing and quality of life.”
- Occupational Therapist
- Sports Therapist
What skills do you need to work as a Physiotherapist?
- Enjoy working with people
- Good problem solving skills
- Interest in human anatomy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisation and planning skills
Where do Physiotherapists work?
Physiotherapists work in a range of settings including: hospitals, health centres, industry, private practices and sports clubs.
Typical work activities
- Listening to and interpreting patients requirements
- Diagnosis and treatment of injuries
- Development of rehabilitation programmes
- Monitoring and recording patients well-being
- Liaising with other healthcare professionals
- Educating and advising patients
Links to find out more
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy – A career in physiotherapy
- University of Zambia – School of Medicine
Watch & Listen
Search for jobs in physiotherapy
To find the latest jobs in physiotherapy in Zambia check out www.gozambiajobs.com today.