What is Psychology?
Psychology is the scientific study of people, the mind and behaviour. Psychologists deal with the way that the mind works and apply scientific methodologies to explain and understand human behaviour.
- Clinical Psychologist
- Occupational Psychologist
- Health Psychologist
- Educational Psychologist
What skills do you need to work as a Psychologist?
- Problem solving and scientific reasoning ability
- An Interest in other people
- Sensitivity towards contextual and interpersonal factors
- Organisation and project management skills
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
Where do Psychologists work?
Psychologists work in a number of different areas in both the public and private sector. These areas include: Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Educational Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Health Psychology, Neuropsychology, Occupational Psychology, Sport and Exercise Psychology.
Typical Work Activities
- Listening to and interpreting patients requirements
- Undertaking clinical assessments and psychometric testing
- Behavioural observations
- Providing advice, counselling and therapy
- Monitoring and recording patients well-being
- Liaising with professional bodies
Find out more
- Free Course – Introduction to Psychology
- Psychology careers, education and training
- University of Zambia – Psychiatry Department
Watch & Listen
Search for jobs in psychology
To find the latest jobs in psychology in Zambia check out www.gozambiajobs.com today.