One of the most crucial parts of any interview is when the interviewer asks whether you have any questions. This part of the interview is a great opportunity for you to show that you:
- Are organised and have prepared some well thought-out questions in advance of the interview
- Are enthusiastic and passionate about the role
- Have excellent listening skills and the ability to identify important points raised during the interview
It is also an opportunity for you to address any reservations that they may have about your suitability for the role.
Top 5 Questions
1. What are the key objectives of this role?
Find out what the key objectives are then you can show how you would meet them. If you can do this then you will go some way to securing the job.
2. What are your expectations for the successful candidate?
Again, in this question you are asking for information from the interviewer so that you can demonstrate your suitability for the role.
3. What challenges does the interviewer see for the organisation in the next few years?
This is a great question to ask as you are asking the interviewer about the challenges that the organisation is facing. Once the interviewer has provided an answer you can provide a response demonstrating how you would meet these challenges.
4. Why is the role open?
This can provide you with useful insights into the organisation and the role available. Is this a new position? Was the previous worker promoted?
5. Do you have any concerns regarding my suitability for this role?
This is a vital question to ask at the end of an interview as it provides you with a final opportunity to influence the employment decision about to be made by the interviewer. If the employer states they have concerns about your suitability (for example – lack of relevant experience or a particular skill) you may be able provide information AND examples that will change their mind.
Additional Interview Tips
Want more information and advice to help you succeed during a job interview?
Check out our amazing article Top 10 Interview Questions & Answers
To find more careers articles visit: Careers Advice
Search for Jobs
To search for the latest jobs in Zambia visit: www.gozambiajobs.com