RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Zambian nationals that meet the minimum requirements outlined here below to contest for One Hundred and Thirty Eight (138) scholarships under the Russian Government Scholarship Scheme for the 2019/2020 Academic Year.
Available are: Thirty (30) Masters in Nuclear Physics and Technologies, Standardization and Metrology, and other science related fields and One Hundred and Eight (108) undergraduates in the following fields of study: 02.03.03 Software and Administration of Information Systems, 07.03.01 Architecture, 08.03.01 Construction (Civil Engineering), 13.03.02 Electrical Power Engineering and Electrical Engineering, 14.03.01 Nuclear Power Engineering and Thermal Physics, 14.03.02 Nuclear Physics and Technologies, 14.05.01 Nuclear Reactors and Nuclear Materials, 14.05.02 Nuclear Power Plants: Design, Operation & Engineering, 14.05.03 Isotope Separation Technology & Nuclear Fuel, 15.03.01 Mechanical Engineering, 22.03.01 Material Science & Technology, 30.05.02 Medical Biophysics, 31.05.01 General Medicine, 33.05.01 Pharmacy, 35.03.04 Agronomy and 38.03.01 Economics.
- Be Zambian citizens with Green National Registration Cards (NRC)
Undergraduate Applicants should:
- Be School Leavers who completed Grade 12 in 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Have Grades 1-3 in English, Mathematics and subjects relevant to the intended field of study
- Have Pure Sciences if applying for General Medicine, Medical Biophysics, Nuclear Physics and Technologies and all Engineering programmes
- Be of maximum age 24 years by September 2019.
Master’s Applicants should:
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree; preferably obtained from Russia
- Be of maximum age 34 years by September 2019
CONDITIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
Candidates should meet own cost towards:
(i) Expenses to and from the Airport;
(ii) Any short fall not adequately covered by the scholarship.
This is dependent on the programme to be pursued, however, all programmes include one (1) year of Russian language (5 to 7 years for Undergraduates and 2 to 3 years for Masters).
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should submit:
- A typed application letter responding to the advert, clearly stating the field of study desired, age and mobile phone number for easy communication;
- Curriculum Vitae, Photocopies of Educational Certificates, Transcript/Statement of Results certified by the Examination Council of Zambia (ECZ), NRC and colour photocopy of pages 2 and 3 of the passport;
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit consent letters from their parents/guardians;
- A study plan or synopsis cf summarized details of the preferred course and how the intended course of study will enhance one’s contribution to Zambia’s development (200 words for undergraduates and 400 words for Masters applicants)
- Employer’s Recommendation letter stating that they would be granted leave to take up offers if selected for those in employment (Masters).
It is a requirement by the host country that all nominated candidates undergo comprehensive medical examinations including the HIV and Hepatitis B tests.
Nominated candidates must note that last-minute withdrawals will attract serious sanctions from the Board which may include being blacklisted.
Applications should be addressed to:
Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
P.O. Box 50464
Hand delivered to:
Room 23 (Registry)
Maxwell House, Annex Building
Los Angeles Boulevard, Longacres
Closing date: Friday 5th April, 2019
For any clarification, contact us on telephone:
+260 – 211-250726, WhatsApp: +260968058811 Lusaka.
i. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any applicant who would not hear from us by Friday 31st May 2019 should consider his/her application as unsuccessful;
ii. Students currently on Government sponsorship at UNZA or CBU should not apply;
iii. Applicants should apply only in one field of study.
Ireen Nayame Chirwa (Mrs.)
HIGHER EDUCATION LOANS AND SCHOLARSHIPS BOARD