RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Zambian nationals that meet the minimum requirements outlined here below to contest for One Hundred and Twenty (120) scholarships under the Russian Government Scholarship Scheme for the 2020/2021 Academic Year. Available are:
Masters in the following fields of study. 14.03.02 Nuclear Physics and Technologies,14.05-02 Nuclear Power Plant: Design, Operation and Engineering and 14.05-01 Nuclear Reactors and Nuclear Materials and other science related fields.
Undergraduates in the following fields of study: 02.03.03 Software and Administration of Information Systems, 07.03.01 Architecture, 08.03.01 Construction (Civil Engineering), 13.03.02 Electrical Power Engineering and Electrical Engineering, 14.03.01 Nuclear Power Engineering and Thermal Physics, 14.03.02 Nuclear Physics and Technologies, 14.05.01 Nuclear Reactors and Nuclear Materials, 14.05.02 Nuclear Power Plants: Design, Operation & Engineering, Environmental Engineering, 15.03.01 Mechanical Engineering, 22.03.01 Material Science & Technology, 31.05.01 General Medicine, 33.05.01 Pharmacy, 35.03.04 Agronomy and 38.03.01 Economics.
- Be Zambian citizens with Green National Registration Cards (NRC)
- Be School Leavers who completed Grade 12 in 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Have Grades 1-3 in English, Mathematics and subjects relevant to the intended field of study
- Have Pure Sciences if applying ror General Medicine, all Nuclear Science related fields and all Engineering related fields
- Be of maximum age 24 years by September 2020.
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree; preferably obtained from Russia
- Be of maximum age 34 years by September 2020
CONDITIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
Candidates should meet own cost towards:
(i) Expenses to and from the Airport;
(ii) Any short tall not adequately covered by the scholarship.
This is dependent on the programme to be pursued, however, all Programmes include one (1) year of Russian language (5 to 7 years for Undergraduates and 2 to 3 years for Masters).
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should submit:
- A typed application letter responding to the advert, clearly stating the field of study desired, age and mobile phone number for easy communication;
- Curriculum Vitae, Photocopies of Educational Certificates, Transcript/Statement of Results certified by the Examination Council of Zambia (ECZ), NRC and photocopy of pages 2 and 3 of the passport;
- Applicants under the age af 18 should submit consent letters from their parents/guardians;
- A study plan or synopsis of summarized details of the preferred course and how the intended course of study will enhance one’s contribution to Zambia’s development (200 words for undergraduates and 400 words for Masters applicants)
- Employer’s Recommendation letter stating that they would be granted leave to take up offers if selected for those in employment (Masters).
- All candidates applying for the scholarship must complete the registration on the online student’s portal on the website provided: www.future-in-russia.com.
For further clarification on the online registration contact Mr. Harold Mabula on 0965672614 strictly during working hours.
It is a requirement by the host country that all norninated candidates undergo corn- prehensive medical examinations including the HIV and Hepatitis B tests.
Nominated candidates must note that last-minute withdrawals will attract serious sanctions from the Board which may include being blacklisted.
Applications should be addressed to:
Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
P.O. Box 50464
Hand delivered to:
Room 23 (Registry)
Maxwell House, Annex Building
Los Angeles Boulevard, Longacres
Or at Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board office situated at C4 Copperbelt University, Riverside Campus, Kitwe.
Closing date: Friday 3rd April, 2020
For any clarification, contact us on: Telephone: +260 – 211-250726,
i. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any applicant who would not hear from us by Friday 15th May 2020 should consider his/her application as unsuccessful;
ii. Students currently on Government sponsorship at local or foreign universities should not apply;
iii. Applicants should apply only in one field of study.
Ireen Nayame Chirwa (Mrs.)
Chief Executive Officer
HIGHER EDUCATION LOANS AND SCHOLARSHIPS BOARD