The YWCA Council of Zambia is a Christian, membership, Non-partisan, Non-Governmental organisation dedicated to the empowerment of the community, especially women, youth and children, to realise their potential as human beings and to contribute to a just society, through rights-based and sustainable interventions.
The YWCA Council of Zambia, Copperbelt regional office was selected in 2018 by the German Development Cooperation (GIZ) to train 30 candidates in Skills Award Paralegal Studies (Level 3 Paralegals) in Kitwe. The training is supported by the European Union and the Federal Republic of Germany, under the Programme for Legal Empowerment and Enhanced Justice Delivery (PLEED).
The training will be carried out in accordance with the TEVETA approved syllabus in Skills Award in Paralegal Studies. The training will be conducted at Mindolo Ecumenical Foundation (off-Chingola road, opposite Kitwe College of Education) in Kitwe- for 22 consecutive days and will cover the following courses:
- Introduction to Law
- Paralegal Practice Skills and Ethics
The PLEED will cover costs of tuition fees, examination fees, accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner and travel to/from Kitwe to each successful applicant.
Candidates interested in participating in the level 3 paralegal training must meet the following:
- Must be Zambian citizen possessing a Green National Registration card
- Must possess a minimum of a Grade 9 Certificate with a minimum of three (3) passes including English language and in any other two (2) subjects.
- Priority will be given to applicants based in Copperbelt province with a possibility of selecting candidates from other provinces should there be remaining places.
- The YWCA Council of Zambia will give priority to candidates who have already been practicing as paralegals.
- Candidates who applied earlier need not apply.
All interested candidates who meet the above requirements must submit their applications (including application letter, copy of certificate or statement of results and up to date curriculum vitae) not later than 13:00 hours on Friday 10th May 2019 to the Regional Coordinator to the address below or email to [email protected]
YWCA Council of Zambia
Copperbelt regional office
PO Box 21721