Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FROM SUITABLY QUALIFIED ZAMBIANS THAT MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OUTLINED HERE BELOW TO APPLY FOR UNDERGRADUATE GRZ STUDENT LOANS FOR THE 2019/2020 ACADEMIC YEAR AT MUKUBA UNIVERSITY
Applicants should be:
- Zambians with Green National Registration Cards (NRC)
- School leavers admitted to Mukuba University
- School leavers who completed Grade 12 in 2015, 2016 and 2017
- 24 years old or below by May, 2019
Applications should be addressed to:
Higher Education Loans & Scholarships Board
P. O. Box 50464
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should submit the following:
To the Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board: concessional
- An application letter responding to the advertisement;
- A photocopy of University Admission Letter;
- A photocopy of Grade 12 Statement of Results or Certificate;
- A photocopy of the candidate’s NRC and Parent’s/Guardian!s NRC;
- Two (2) recent passport size photos of the candidate;
- An application form obtained from the Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board, Lusaka or Kitwe offices, Rural students need not include this form but will be expected to complete one at the time of registration;
- Social Welfare intewiew slip
- Any other documents in support of their vulnerability.
To the Social Welfare Office copy of an application letter or Student Loan Application Form;
- A photocopy of University Provisional Admission Letter;
- A photocopy of Grade 12 Statement of Results;
- A photocopy of the candidate’s NRC and Parent’s/Guardian’s NRC;
- Any other documents in support of their vulnerability;
Do not leave the original documents with the Social Welfare Office. Please note that the Social Welfare Office does not make applications for sponsorship on behalf of students.
The Loans are limited and scaled down according to the level of support required. Applicants should, therefore, indicate in their application the level of the loan required. However, the Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board reserves the right to determine the actual level of the Loan. Loans are awarded according to the Board’s financial capacity and, therefore, admission into the University does not necessarily guarantee thc applicant a GRZ student loan.
The student loan is not transferable from one IJniversity to another. Students wishing to apply for the loan should, therefore, be clear in their applications.
Applications by hand should be submitted to Room 23, Maxwell House Annex Building, Los Angeles Boulevard, Longacres, Lusaka or the Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board offices situated at the Copperbelt University Riverside Campus, Kitwe. Rural and female students and those living with disability are especially encouraged to apply.
Closingdate: Friday 26th April, 2019
For any clarification, contact us on telephone: +260 – 211-250726,
Mobile Number – +260957090792
WhatsApp Number – +260968058811
Ireen N. Chirwa (Mrs)
HIGHER EDUCATION LOANS AND SCHOLARSHIPS BOARD