What is a motivational letter?
A motivational letter is often provided as an accompanying document to a CV or resume when applying for an employment opportunity or educational course.
What is the difference between a motivational letter and cover letter?
A motivational letter is a type of cover letter used when applying for a course or unpaid position. You can learn more about cover letters and view example cover letters here.
What is the purpose of a motivational letter?
A motivational letter serves as an introduction and is also an opportunity for you to explain how you meet the requirements for the position, course etc. The motivational letter forms a vital part of the application process and should command considerable thought and effort.
Is there a standard format for motivational letters?
There is no standard format for motivational letters. Unless otherwise specified it is likely that you will need to provide:
- your contact details
- an engaging introduction outlining the reason(s) for your letter
- 2-3 concise paragraphs enthusiastically outlining your relevant skills, personality traits and key achievements
- a closing paragraph thanking the reader for reviewing your application
5 tips for writing a successful motivational letter
- research and understand the opportunity and organisation
- clearly outline the reasons for your letter
- concisely show how you can be an asset to the organisation
- demonstrate enthusiasm and passion
- produce a high quality letter with professional design, layout and formatting
To find more careers articles visit: Careers Advice
Search for Jobs
To search for the latest jobs in Zambia visit: www.gozambiajobs.com