We know that you are amazing AND you know that you are amazing BUT it is extremely unlikely that an employer will know this UNLESS you can prove it. In this exclusive article from Go Zambia Jobs we outline why you need to prove that you are brilliant and how you can do this.
Why do you need to prove that you are amazing?
There are lots of people looking for jobs in Zambia. This means that there is lots of competition. Competition is defined as:
“The activity or condition of striving to gain or win something by defeating or establishing superiority over others. “
How can you win the competition and defeat the other candidates? Simple. You just need to prove that you are a better candidate than all of the other people who apply for the job. Simply making statements such as “I am the best candidate” or “I know I can do the job” are worthless unless you can prove it.
If you cannot explain why you are the best candidate for the job another candidate will – and they will be awarded the job instead of you.
When can you can prove that you are amazing?
When looking for a job there are 3 main opportunities for you to prove that you are amazing:-
- In your CV, cover letter or application
- During your interview/assessment centre/test
- Informally (e.g. networking)
How you can prove that you are amazing?
It is quite easy to prove that you are amazing. You just need to show that:
- You can do the job and can achieve results
- You have the required skills and experience
- Your personality and attributes suit the organisation
Read the job description and research the organisation and ensure that you can evidence how you meet a many of the requirements stipulated in the job advertisement as possible. Common requirements include:
- Skill requirements (a particular skill, for example report writing, financial analysis);
- Academic requirements (Grade 12 school certificate, diploma, degree and/or professional qualifications etc);
- Knowledge requirements (subject, industry, function, task, environment etc);
- Experience requirements (# of years experience in a particular job, sector or level).
It may be helpful to develop stories or anecdotes that help you to explain why you are amazing and suitable for the job. View some example stories at:
For tips on how to write amazing CVs, cover letters and applications check out:
To find out how to prepare for a job interview go to:
We hope that this article has shown you the importance of showing employers how you are an amazing candidate. By following the tips mentioned above you can dramatically improve your application success rate.
Search for Jobs
To search for the latest jobs in Zambia visit: www.gozambiajobs.com