We know that you are amazing and you know that you are amazing BUT it is extremely unlikely that an employer will know this unless you can prove it. In this exclusive article from Go Zambia Jobs we outline why you need to prove that you are brilliant and how you can do this.
Why do you need to prove that you are amazing?
There are lots of people looking for jobs in Zambia. This means that there is lots of competition. How can you win the competition and defeat the other candidates? You need to prove that you are a better candidate than all of the other people who apply for the job. Simply making statements such as “I am the best candidate” or “I know I can do the job” is pointless. What you actually need to do is to prove it. This means explaining, with examples, how you are the best candidate. If you cannot explain why you are the best candidate for the job another candidate will and they will be awarded the job instead of you.
When can you can prove that you are amazing?
When looking for a job there are 3 main opportunities for you to prove that you are amazing:-
- In your CV, cover letter or application
- During your interview/assessment centre/test
- Informally (e.g. networking)
How you can prove that you are amazing?
It is quite easy to prove that you are amazing. You just need to prove that:
- You can do the job and can achieve results
- You have the required skills and experience
- Your personality and attributes suit the organisation
How can you do this?
Start by reading the job description. Think about how you can meet as many of the requirements stipulated in the job advertisement as possible. Common requirements include:
- Skill requirements (a particular skill, for example report writing, financial analysis);
- Academic requirements (Grade 12 school certificate, diploma, degree and/or professional qualifications etc);
- Knowledge requirements (subject, industry, function, task, environment etc);
- Experience requirements (# of years experience in a particular job, sector or level).
If you can explain how you meet the majority of the requirements stipulated in the job advert then you should be invited to interview. This will provide you with a further opportunity to demonstrate how you meet the requirements stipulated in the job advert.
For tips on how to write amazing CVs, cover letters and applications check out:
To find out how to prepare for a job interview go to:
Search for Jobs
To search for the latest jobs in Zambia visit: www.gozambiajobs.com