GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF ZAMBIA MINISTRY OF FISHERIES AND LIVESTOCK
DEPARTMENT OF FISHERIES
THE ZAMBIA AQUACULTURE ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
ARE YOU A ZAMBIAN CITIZEN WITH A PASSION FOR AQUACULTURE AND WILLING TO UNDER GO A SIX (6) MONTHS MENTORSHIP? THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY!!
ZAMBIA AQUACULTURE ENTREPRENEURS’ INCUBATION PROGRAMME
The Government of the Republic of Zambia has received financing from the African Development Bank (AfDB) towards the implementation of Zambia Aquaculture Enterprise Development Project (ZAEDP) under the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock (MFL). The project is for five years running from 2017 to 2022. The Project intends to apply part of the funds towards the implementation of the Zambia Aquaculture Entrepreneurs’ Incubation Programme (ZAEIP) where more than one thousand (1,000) practicing and non-practicing Zambian fish farmers will be trained for six (6) months before being linked to the aquaculture fund for possible financing of their fish farming enterprises. For the year 201 8, a total of 200 farmers will be trained. The incubation programme will involve attachment of the trainees at commercial fish farms for a period of four months after a one-month in house training at the National Aquaculture Research and Development Centre (NARDC), Mwekera in Kitwe, Zambia. The trainees will thereafter be expected to develop business proposals to facilitate financing of their individual aquaculture enterprises.
Qualifications of participants
- Minimum age of 21 and maximum age of 45 years old
- Minimum Education of grade seven but should be able to read and write in English and any other local language in Zambia
- Applicants living in clusters in aquaculture parks (Chipepo in Gwembe, Kasempa, Mungwi, Rufunsa and Samfya) will be a priority
- Women and the youths are encouraged to apply
- The willing farmer gets a letter from the fish farm indicating the willingness to host the farmer at their premises for not less than four (4) months. The willing trainee will then apply to the District Fisheries and Livestock Coordinator (DFLC) in their District.
- The application package includes an application letter, certified NRC, certified academic certificate by Examination Council of Zambia (ECZ), proof of owning land where they want to establish fish farming enterprise or where they are practicing fish farming and the letter from the fish farm.
- Those in possession of land should show proofowning a place for fish ihrming in the form of a title deed or a letter from the Chief in case of customary land.
- Selected applicants will undergo interviews that will be conducted by the Department of Fisheries in the district where they are. The applicants will undergo oral and written tests to ascertain that they are able to read and write in English.
- Both practicing and non — practicing fish farmers are eligible to apply.
The deadline for receiving the applications for year 2018 is 28th February 2018.
Applicants are also encouraged to apply directly to:
The Project Coordinator
Zambia Aquaculture Enterprise Development Project
Fisheries Department Headquarters
P.O. Box 350100
For more details you may contact Dr. Alexander Shula Kefi +260979255620/+26094262244
Email: [email protected]