APPLY TO JOIN IN JANUARY, 2018 FOR NEW MARKET DRIVEN PROGRAMMES OFFERED UNDER FULL-TIME, PART-TIME (DAY AND EVENING CLASSES), AS WELL AS THE DISTANCE LEARNING MODES OF STUDY AND JOIN THE LIST OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED GRADUATES FROM ONE OF ZAMBIA’S LEADING AND INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNISED UNIVERSITIES.
The Zambian Open University, a registered and approved University by the Zambia Higher Education Authority, invites applications from eligible persons for admission into its programmes.
1. BACHELOR’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES (Duration 4 years)
School of Agricultural Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness Management
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Science with Education
- Bachelor of Science in Animal Science
- Bachelor of Science in Horticulture
- Bachelor of Science in Plant Science
School of Business Studies
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business in Accounting
- Bachelor of Business in Banking and Finance
- Bachelor of Business in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Science in Financial Mathematics and Economics
School of Education
- Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Education in Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Education in Primary Education
- Bachelor of Education in Guidance and Counselling plus a teaching subject
- Bachelor of Education in Adult Education
- Bachelor of Education in Special Education
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts in Development Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts in Governance and Public Administration
- Bachelor of Social Work
School of Law
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts in Policing and Security Studies
2. DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES (Duration 2 years)
School of Education
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Post graduate Diploma in Guidance and Counselling (Duration 1 year plus 3 months teaching practice)
School of Law
- Diploma in Policing and Security Studies
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMMES:
- Five (5) ‘0’ level credits or better at School Certificate level or the equivalent in relevant subjects including English or a Zambian Language
- Three (3) ‘0’ level credits or better at School Certificate level or the equivalent with a relevant Diploma from a tertiary institution recognized by the University.
Concessionary Admission: Applicants who are 45 years or older, with proven evidence of participation in continuous learning through short courses, seminars and conferences, may be considered for concessionary admission.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
- A full Grade 12 Certificate with at least three (3) ‘O’ level subjects.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR POST-GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Bachelor’s Degree with a distinction, merit or credit; or
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a pass plus minimum post qualification working experience of 5 years or more in the field of study;
- Candidates for the Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice Programme are solicited especially from the Police , Judiciary and Government Departments;
- Candidates for PhD Degrees must have a good Master’s Degree
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Deposit a non-refundable fee of K200 (Two hundred Kwacha) into the Zambian Open University Account Number 1031176500166 at Zambia National Commercial Bank (ZANACO) Manda Hill Branch.
- Produce an authentic bank deposit slip to obtain an Application Form at any the Zambian Open University Office.
- (Download the Application Form from the ZAOU website: www.zaou.ac.zm.
You can visit or call our Regional offices in the following places:
- Livingstone: Call 0979 488 074 or Tel: 03 323 022
- Kitwe: Call: 0966 438 943 or Tel: 02 224 628
- Kasama: Call: 0977 615 235
- Kabwe: Call: 0977 862 354
- Mansa: Call: 0977 835846
- Chipata: Call: 0973 241120
- Mongu: Call: 0976 496824
- Solwezi: Call: 0979 910867
- Mumbwa: Call 0976 333306
- Lusaka: Regional Office, Tel: 0211 225 778