What is Zoology?
Zoology is the study of animals and a zoologist is a scientist who studies animals and their environment or habitats.
- Wildlife Educator
What skills do you need to work in zoology?
- An interest in animals and how they interact
- A good knowledge of the relevant sciences
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Awareness of ethical responsibility
- Project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Where do zoologists work?
Zoology professionals work in both the public, private and charity sector . Zoology professionals will often specialize in a particular area such as:
- Research and teaching
- Zoo/Wildlife Parks
Typical work activities
- Collecting samples and analysing test results
- Maintaining up to date records
- Communicating with the general public
- Advising on animal welfare
Find out more
Watch & Listen