Right to Care
Right to Care has the following vacancy and encourages suitably qualified candidates to apply.
Position: Procurement Officer – EQUIP
Reporting to: Finance and Administration Manager – EQUIP
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies
- 4 years’ experience in procurement
- Qualification in Procurement is desirable.
Key Performance Areas amongst others include:
Implementation of operational strategies:
- Advertise on an annual basis and select list of eligible vendors
- Network with and meet small, medium and micro enterprises regarding their products\ goods
- Negotiate prices on goods
- Understand transport implications e.g. weight, volume.
- Determine the best manner in which goods should be transported to sites e.g. rail, courier etc.
- Ensure that proper documentation is filled for each purchase
- Ensure that three quotes are always obtained for purchases worth more than ZMW 5000.00
- Maintain preferred and approved supplier list with appropriate documentation
- Support full compliance of procurement activities with USAID rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control;
Organization of procurement processes:
- Conduct procurement in accordance with USAID rules and regulations and RTC Operations and procurement manual for Zambia
- Negotiation of procurement agreements within the agency policies whilst obtaining overall best values
- Create/update a supplier data base by collecting data form advertisements and brochures for EQUIP in consultation with the operations team;
- Maintain an up-to-date price book on all goods and services secured by EQUIP
- Prepare Purchase Requisition Forms, Purchase Orders, Bid and Comparisons, tender documents and draft procurement agreements.
- Maintain procurement audit trail.
- Maintain orderly procurement files on active orders and post activities such as change notices, scheduling changes and partial shipments
- Maintain office supplies inventory
- Update asset inventory tool
- Organize list of approved vendors list and update it annually
- Liaise with HQ purchasing department on international procurement
- Prepare procurement plans for EQUIP offices and be responsible for the implementation monitoring;
- Prepare procurement related reports and analyses; and draft responses to enquiries for clearance.
- Provide line management with specifications on goods\equipment required
- Provide line management with information of goods required for new business projects
- Prepare and update procurement policy, and ensure that it’s aligned to USAID guidelines before being posted on the shared drive.
- Implement procurement management policies and strategies in support of the operations of the EQUIP HQ Office;
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for EQUIP HQ office equipment, supplies and services in a transparent and cost effective manner;
- Organize procurement activities and processes, including preparation and conduct of RFQs, RFPs, opening and evaluation of tenders, coordinate contract negotiations (as required), prepare request for award of contract for the review and approval of relevant authorities, in full compliance with USAID regulations and rules;
- Frequently assess whether the goods that are procured meet the required needs and quality standards
- Ensure defective goods or equipment under guarantee are returned to the supplier
- Determine the life span of equipment and advice management thereof
- Liaison with Company auditors for year-end audit
- Prepare inventory reports;
- Manage the implementation of Inventory and physical verification control.
- Maintain records on assets management and preparation of required reports.
Technical skills and behavioral competencies:
- Customer service orientation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Computer skills
- Financial acumen
- Ability to work independently
- Planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good presentations skills
Interested applicants must submit their CV, Qualifications, ID Copy, letter of motivation and 3 professional references, stating full name of referee, relationship, email address and contact telephone numbers by: 17 March 2017.
This also confirms that by applying for the above mentioned position you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, Criminal and Reference checks which is part of our recruitment process.
Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful, we nonetheless want to thank you for your interest shown in our organization. Right to Care web-site: www.righttocare.org
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.devex.com/jobs/procurement-officer-equip-478159 →