2021/2022 Science & Technology
The Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) is inviting suitable qualified Zambians to apply for Fifteen (15) PhD and Ten (10) MSc Scholarships for the 2021/2022 academic year, of which 70% will go to females and 30% to males. These Scholarships are tenable in any of the following fields of study: Geology, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Pharmacognosy, Forensics, Renewable Energy, Agriculture, Pathology, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Fourth Industrial Revolution courses (41R) Nuclear Science and Technology and Space Science and Technology. This is in line with the Ministry’s long term objective of promoting a cadre of researchers at postgraduate level, especially increased participation of women in Science and Technology Studies for the purposes of lecturing in the universities or to conduct research in the scientific institutions.
The Scholarships will be offered to candidates who will meet the following requirements:
- Must be Zambian and in possession of a Green National Registration Card (NRC);
- Must have a full gade 12 with credits in 5 ‘O’ levels;
- Must possess letters of acceptance from a recognized accredited local Public University;
- PhD applicants must be a Master of Science or its equivalent in a related field which is an acceptable prerequisite to the field being applied for;
- MSc applicants must have a Bachelor of Science or its equivalent in a science related field;
- Maximum age of 40 years for males and 45 years for female at MSc; and
- Maximum age of 45 years for male and 50 years for female at PhD.
The Applicants should submit the following:
- An application letter responding to the advertisement;
- Validated copies of Degree Certificates by ZAQA, official transcripts of results, photocopy of NRC;
- A photocopy of the acceptance letter from a recognized accredited local Public University;
- Letters of recommendation from employers. Note that only candidates in full time employment will be considered. However, those in informal employment must submit supporting documents showing their entrepreneurship in science and technology related field;
- Two passport size photos of the candidate;
- A duly completed form obtained from the Ministry of Higher Education, Lusaka can be downloaded from this link: www.mohe.gov.zm/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/2021-STPS-application-form2.doc
- Curriculum Vitae with names, addresses and contact details of three (3) traceable referees; and
- Any other documents in support of the applcation.
Note that successful candidates shall be bonded either by their employer, according to their institutional training policy, and by the Ministry of Higher Education, for the duration equivalent to the period of the sponsorship.
Applications must be clearly marked “S&T Postgraduate Scholarship” and must be submitted to the email [email protected] to the following address;
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Higher Educaion
P.O. Box 50464
Los Angeles Boulevard,
Attention: Director Science and Technology
For more information. please contact tbe Ministry of Higher Education or email [email protected]
Note: Only successful candidates be communicated to.