Responsible for any ad hoc projects, investigations that would require a financial appreciation and critical thinking ability.
- Equipment failure analysis.
- Collection of data on critical production equipment and trying to improve their performance.
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained applying all company policies and safe work practices, demonstrating a strong commitment to the safety of employees
- Provide engineering support services for the installation, maintenance and operation of various project works ensuring the safety, efficiency and integrity of the network in accordance with requirements
- Project manage the technical and financial aspects of small scale projects, applying effective project management techniques from inception to completion
- Participate in the improvement of engineering standards, specifications and instructions associated with replacement, refurbishment and augmentation of equipment
- Liaise with other teams in troubleshooting root cause and incident investigations including equipment failures and defects for low impact planned and unplanned events;
- Perform any other duties as required by Management.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- PC Literacy
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Ability to achieve result is a cross cultural environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels