Website Zambia Sugar
Zambia Sugar Plc. is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Finance Business Partner in the Finance Department, based at the Nakambala offices in Mazabuka. This position reports to the Finance Manager – Business Support.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing ‘real time’ support and analysis to assist in decision making. The role is accountable for producing accurate, relevant and timeous management reporting for the Agriculture function. The Business Partner will work closely with the Agriculture Team creating real and active partnership with both operations and management.
- Partner with the Agriculture team, providing support to ensure clear accountability and insight into results
- Be a key stakeholder in the decision-making process by bringing rigour to the evaluation and implementation of value-enhancing decisions
- Bring financial understanding to a business decision by ensuring alternatives are thoroughly evaluated and the optimum decision taken
- Accountable for monthly management report, budgets, strategic planning, and forecasts
- Proactively manage cost per ton to ensure achievement of set target
- Review and analyse the financial impact of actual cane harvested to date against planned cane volumes for the year
- Great understanding of key drivers for cane growing and the impact they have on cane volumes
- Review cost dashboards to track costs and financial KPIs. Enhance the line management financial acumen by providing user friendly financial dashboards
- Prepare business cases and analyses for all Capital expenditure (capex) projects to ensure viability and subsequent realisation of envisaged benefits
- Formulate and manage Service Level Agreements with required stakeholders
- Promote and adhere to Group procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC).
Minimum specifications / Requirements areas
- Full Grade 12 Certificate (or Equivalent)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy / CIMA / ACCA / CA Zambia or Equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience
- Member of ZICA
- Strong business analysis skills to generate insight
- Exceptional accounting and reporting skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and assertively
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please submit your CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations and ID/Passport to [email protected]
The subject of your email should read: Application: Finance Business Partner
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 14th September 2022
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.