At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
- Keeps equipment available for use by conducting dairy inspections and defect identifications; Completing preventive maintenance tasks such as, Undercarriage, hose & Power unit (Engine) inspections, Oil changes, Air filter changes and oil sampling,
- Maintaining Excavator functional condition by taking note of complaints from operator checklist; conducting Dairy in-pit short service; repairing mechanical and electrical systems breakdowns, executing parts and components replacements and change outs; repairing defects on the excavators.
- Verifies quality of machine serviceability by conducting machine movement tests before and after service; adjusting controls and systems to conform to normal machine operating standards.
- Cost control through warranty claims, evaluating service quality and choosing better options for parts.
- Must perform all repair and maintenance works according to the relevant Quality(OEM) standards.
- Fully participate in maintaining the appearance of the machines through cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Fully participate in identifying and compiling a detailed defects checklist.
- Keeps excavator machines in an operable state through conducting troubleshooting, attending to machines breakdowns, ensuring the right parts and components are changed, performing preventive maintenance tasks and ensuring machines come in for Service.
- Keeps supplies of parts ready by inventory checking, Correct orders and verifying receipt of ordered parts.
- Must be able to read and interpret machine technical manuals, Hydraulic/Pneumatic circuits diagrams and operational manuals when required.
- Must be able to widen their knowledge base through participation in available Educational/Training opportunities.
- Able to apply the acquired technical knowledge and skills to improve fleet performance.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission and goals by performing given tasks as required.
- Perfom other duties as instructed by the supervisor
- Grade Ten (Grade 12)
- Craft Certificate in HER from recognised institution
- Class C Driver’s Incense
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar role in a Mining environment
- Hands on experience working with Liebherr and Hitachi excavators.