At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
Adhere to all relevant requirements and procedures as well as the role and responsibilities of the function. Bin, pick, issue, cycle count/ stock count, and perform housekeeping
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pick and dispatch items requested by end users promptly.
- Ensure the correct storage and handling of warehouse goods
- Ensure that all stock movements (i.e. binning, issuing, stock transfers, etc.) are accurately updated in pronto in a speedy manner.
- Ensure all issue documentation is signed off and accurate records maintained.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Control and secure inventory and warehouse equipment (forklift, pallet stacker, hand trucks)
- Ensure all received items from put away are binned in their respective bin locations and update the system promptly where necessary.
- Take part in the cycle count/stock take process and promptly resolve any stock discrepancies/queries.
- Any other tasks as may be delegated upon by the supervisor.
Job Specific Competencies
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Proficiency in Pronto
- Knowledge of basic health & safety
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Key Job Attributes
- Think “Safety First”
Experience required to perform in this job
- Two years of relevant experience in a supply chain related field
- Grade 12 School Certificate or equivalent
- CIPS Certificate Level 3 or equivalent