Job Description | Community Builder
Rivuuz is a Zambian online platform that connects customers to reliable, vetted service providers. We have a community for our service providers and service users and are looking for someone to help us take things to the next level. As a Community Builder, you will operate at the nexus of operations, marketing, and business development to create welcoming environments that bring together like-minded individuals that are seeking solutions to similar challenges.
The day-to-day of the job involves:
- Customer success – gaining a deep understanding of what each pro and clients wants to achieve through Rivuuz and supporting them to achieve it
- Community events – Planning and organising online and offline community events with a focus on members collaborating, learning and supporting each other
- Community engagement – communicate with members individually and as a group in both online and offline spaces, welcome new member, ask questions and generally make everyone feel welcome and included
- Profiling – researching existing and potential community members to understand what social media tools they use, what language/style/tone they use and how best to engage with them online and offline
- Content creation – Write content for the community that is helpful, inspiring and engaging. Use your profiling to know what tone to strike.
- Community growth – Plants seeds and creates momentum, identify community contributors and ambassadors, Develops a participation-reward system. Create structure in the community that fuel not stifle the community, with a goal of getting the community to a self-managing stage
- Support – constantly working to identify opportunities and create unique, valuable connections between groups of people.
You are great fit for this job if you:
- are willing to quickly and continuously learn our business and market
- are an empathetic problem solver (a lover of understanding and solving people’s problem)
- can adapt your communication style to work well with people from varied backgrounds
- are personable, a positive thinker, and have an entrepreneurial spirit
- are able to use or learn various online work software, e.g. Word, Excel, Canva, Facebook Business Suite, Airtable, etc
- Knowledge and or experience of the home building process
- Experience in one or more of these areas: event planning, PR, social media management, customer service and training design and delivery
- A valid driver’s license – this is a very mobile role
- Empathy and listening skills – You should always have a sense for what the community needs, what they’re looking for, what they value, what they appreciate
Some nice-to-haves (but not deal breakers)
- Ready to start immediately
- Has own laptop
- Close proximity to Ibex Hill
- Speaks Bemba and/or Nyanja
Job Type: Full time
This is not your typical 9-5 job as our communities run 24/7 as you may need to organise an event on a weekend or respond to a community members questions in the evenings. Are you up for that?
Also, you should know that working in a startup is a different world, there are no departments and things sometimes change quickly. This way of work is not for everyone and we get that – some people value routine and stability. So, think carefully about whether this job is right for you.
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Remuneration: Gross pay K5,000
Application deadline – 10th November 2022