RECRUITMENT OF PROGRAMME COORDINATOR
WHO WE ARE
We are a Non-governmental organization (NGO) based in Lusaka, Zambia, with outreach programmes targeting African communities, especially women and youths.
Among other goals, we aim to build a more equitable business environment for women entrepreneurs, and support continental initiatives designed to improve the health status of African children, particularly those with special needs.
With an unwavering commitment to empower the mass of underserved African women and vulnerable youths, we hope to harness their latent energy for economic growth, poverty eradication, and development of sustainable local economies.
Deriving from this, is our vision to be Africa’s leading platform promoting and empowering women and youths for inclusive economic development.
We are deliberate in our resolve to be a change agent, with a mission to raise a generation of women and youth entrepreneurs equipped with the right competences and capacity to unlock Africa’s full economic potential.
We are in search of an experienced Program Coordinator to supervise a wide range of programmes. The preferred candidate must have a broad knowledge of programme management principles, a strategic mindset and be able to speak one other international language outside English. Working with, and through subordinates, the successful candidate will ensure every programme is delivered according to plan and enrich our organization’s value propositions.
The programme Coordinator will have broad responsibilities for the delivery and overall success of each programme, team management and robust reporting on progress and performance.
Specific tasks will include:
- Initiating and setting goals for programmes according to strategic objectives
- Planning programmes from start to completion, negotiating deadlines, milestones and processes
- Developing or approving budgets and operations
- Proposing evaluation strategies to track performance and determine the need for improvements
- Supervising all programme and project managers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems
- Discovering ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- Applying change, risk and resource management principles when needed
- Ensuring operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- Keeping senior management informed with detailed and accurate reports
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
The preferred candidate must hold a first degree in a relevant field while a post-graduate degree would be a plus.
Other requirements are:
- Proven experience as programme director or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/programme management techniques and methods
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
Applications should be sent to [email protected] with the title Programme Coordiantor. Applications should be sent by 20th November 2022.