Website Goldenlay Agri. Ltd
Goldenlay Agri. Ltd is the largest producer, supplier, and distributor of table eggs across Zambia, and boasting a brand familiar to retailers and consumers alike. Goldenlay is hereby inviting applications from suitable qualified candidates to fill in the position of LAYING MANAGER:
Some of the tasks for this position include the following:
- Planning and prioritizing tasks and making decisions on machinery and manpower to use on each task.
- Assign and Supervise workers ensuring work is done efficiently and effectively
- Check and monitor feeding, water consumption, ventilation, housekeeping, biosecurity and cleanliness of poultry equipment and house(s)
- Staff control i.e., manage production staff attendance, discipline administration & performance management
- Oversee the lying machinery, equipment and report any defects immediately to ensure continuous flow of production.
- Monitor the production (HD%) actuals against industry standards.
- Check individual house daily flock performance and mortality.
- Capture production data, keep and check records of mortality, supplies and annual growth, extract applicable reports.
- Ensure all materials, Machinery and equipment is kept in workable condition, report any defects immediately.
- Ensure all laying attendants adhere to Biosecurity rules and quarantine procedures are followed.
- Recommend for improvement in production systems.
- Full grade 12 certificate
- Must have a Degree in Agriculture & Production Management (Poultry Production / Animal Science)
- Must be computer literate with better skills in MS applications i.e., Excel, Word, Power point
- At-least 3 years work experience in poultry farming
- A mature and responsible individual preferably aged 35 years and above
- Proven record of achieving production targets.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good communicator, Able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Stable Personality with passion for poultry management
- Team player able to work with minimum supervision
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Fast leaner and easy to adapt to new environments
All qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CV’s with at least three traceable references to the address/e-mail below.
The Human Resource Manager
Goldenlay Agri Limited, P.O. Box 90444, Luanshya
Closing date of applications: Friday, 2 December 2022