Website Maamba Collieries Limited
Maamba Collieries Limited (MCL) is jointly owned by Nava Limited and ZCCM-IH. The Company owns and operates a large-scale coal mine and has also constructed and operates a 300 Mega Watts Coal fired Power Plant to cater for the growing demand for power in Zambia.
Maamba Collieries Limited is looking for dynamic and enthusiastic professionals who want to build a career in a large and professionally managed company located in Maamba, Sinazongwe District, of Southern Province. The Company owns Maamba Private School which has the following vacancy:
1. Head Teacher x1
Duties and Responsibilities
- To oversee all scheduled classroom instructions and other school activities
- To review teaching staff lesson plans weekly and schemes of work at the start of each term.
- Assess teacher’s requests for absence to ensure that the learners scheduled learning programs are not disrupted.
- Track attendance /Leave days of staff in Collaboration with the HR Department.
- Attend to staff concerns and relay them to the Principal
- Maintain all performance reports for staff
- Monitor the conduct and discipline of staff and learners
- Guide staff on professional conduct and hold them accountable for any shortfalls
- Promote the interests of stake holders (learners, parents, MCL and the community)
- Coach and mentor specific teachers in modern Pedagogical teaching strategies
- Oversee the day today maintenance of the school and the safety of the learners
- Aspire to achieve higher academic results in the yearly national examinations
- Conduct regular quality control inspections in the classrooms.
- Must have worked in a similar position for Ten (10) years or above.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Hold a Degree in Education or equivalent.
- Be registered with the Teaching Council of Zambia with Valid Certificate.
- Have two traceable references
- Must be Computer Literate
- Exposure to a multicultural environment will be an added advantage
- Knowledgeable of the curriculum from preschool to secondary level
- Must be 55 years old and below.
- Experience in working with high profile company or organization supported or independent schools is an added advantage.
- Should be committed and hard working.
- Passionate about the welfare of learners
- Good oral and communication skills
- Team Player
If you think you meet the above qualifications and experience, kindly apply to the undersigned, enclosing your detailed CV, copies of your certificates and citing 3 traceable references, not later than 18th January, 2021
The Human Resource and Administration Manager
Mamba Collieries Limited
P.O Box 99
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.