Website Archie Hinchcliffe Disability Intervention
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Programme: Archie Hinchcliffe Disability Intervention
Reports: Finance and Administrative Officer
Responsible for: Administration work
Internal: Archie Hinchcliffe Disability Intervention team
External:Communities, NGOs and other agencies and Government Bodies
Purpose of the job
Coordinating and communicating with various administrative issues with different teams in the central office, clinics and zones and maintains detailed documentation for reference.
- Responsible for organisation hospitality
- Undertaking messages and instructions
- Compiling and circulation of minutes
- Making various travel and accommodation arrangements
- Routing of emails to various member of staff for action
- Raising requisitions for payment of utilities
- Keeping various records
- Maintenance of Clinic / Outreach centers` registers
- Help in keeping assets register and maintenance of assets register
- Responsible for the management of the stores, inventory register and monitoring consumption
- To take up the Finance and Administrative Officer’s duties (assigned) in her absence
Has to report to the Executive Director.
Key Results Areas
- Visitors are well received and attended to in an appropriate manner whilst maintain the security of the work place.
- All internal and external correspondence (mail, emails, faxes, books / booklets) are sent received and forwarded to the appropriate people in a timely and agreed manner.
- Monitor and control telecommunication systems to meet specified requests
- Taking and distributing minutes of monthly programme management meetings.
- Typing and producing reports, letters and any other documents needing the Director`s attention.
- Prepare and send the Director`s correspondence and maintaining a separate record.
- Closely liasing with staff and partners to ensure that all incoming and outgoing correspondence is properly attended to and records maintained.
- Assist the Director to maintain a work program, engagements and calendar of events with staff and partners.
- Assist the Director to attend to all staff issues and maintain up to date information
- Assist the Director to maintain an appealing and organized office.
Support for Programme Management
- Prepare the required documents for ensuring that office transactions meet AHDI standards and procedures.
- Facilitate the ordering, monitoring and maintenance of stocks.
- Facilitate the preparations and processing of petty cash receipts and payments
- Establish and maintain information processing, storage and retrieval systems.
- Facilitate the planning of procedures and tasks to ensure that dead-lines for AHDI annual planning cycle are met.
- Facilitate in making arrangements for meetings
- Facilitate appraisal conduction of staff
Training and Education
Full Grade Xii certificate, short hand 120 words per minute with communication and administrative skills.
Secretarial certificate or diploma plus either a certificate in computer studies or excellent hands on experience of standard office software including internet.
Three years proven back ground in similar capacity
Skills and Abilities
Good judgment, flexibility and willingness to work extra hours
Pleasant personality and in depth understanding or personal experience of disability
Good oral and written English, Sign language is an added advantage
Computer literacy is an important feature of all AHDI staff and it is incumbent on all senior staff to become familiar with the software used by AHDI. Software package in operation are:-
Word processing – Microsoft word 9
Spreadsheet – Excel
AHDI is looking for a competent, trustworthy and hard working woman / man to run the Front desk Office .
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applications can be sent to :
– Disacare Wheelchair centre, Plot 11305, Libala, Lusaka. Located behind Libala Primary School and opposite Salvation Army Training College.