a Chemonics company, brings world-class supply chain solutions
Connexi seeks a Specialist, Commodity Security and Risk Management for the USAID Zambia Program for Advancing Supply Chain Outcomes (PASCO) Activity. The project is a commodity distribution program that aims to create sustainable access to safe, effective, quality-assured, and affordable lifesaving health commodities by strengthening capacity for transportation and distribution systems in consultation with the Zambia Medicines and Medical Supplies Agency (ZAMMSA). The Specialist, Commodity Security and Risk Management will support the development and implementation of a risk and incident management system that comprehensively documents and creates process maps of all roles, responsibilities, procedures, and timelines into a comprehensive distribution plan, flags deviances and risks; and recommends corrective actions. The Manager will use this system and work with the line director to provide strategic insight into and oversight of vulnerabilities within the 3PL supply chain. S/he will report to the Manager, Commodity Security and Risk Management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Support the Manager, Commodity Security and Risk Management, in tracking and reporting project implementation risks and liaise directly with technical teams and counterparts (including ZAMMSA, MOH, and 3PL providers) to mitigate risks and resolve problems.
- Implement the approved Commodity Security and Risk Management Plan (CSRMP); systematically identify, prioritize, and capture planned responses to risks associated with the PASCO-supported last mile distribution system.
- Implement PASCO’s incident management system, reviewing issues reported by staff, capturing issues in a centralized tracker, analyzing trends, conducting root cause analysis for priority issues, and monitoring agreed actions. Ensure the system is understood by internal and external users. Work with Connexi’s Operational Excellence team to adapt Lean tools and principles for analysis and mitigation of process related issues and risks within PASCO.
- Incorporate key personnel at various levels of the supply chain, including the ZAMMSA, hubs, 3PLs, and others, in risk management and commodity security activities.
- Support the line manager to define new processes, procedures, and tools to identify, monitor, analyze, and respond to supply chain risks, problems, and delays within the 3PL distribution system when needed.
- Manage any PASCO-supported loss investigations, real or potential, in conjunction with in-country 3PL partners, to determine causes and adjust systems to improve prevention going forward.
- Adopt innovations and best practices to ensure that the CSRMP is current and effective as a risk management program/system from time to time.
- Promptly report any perceived or actual ethical concerns that may arise during duty.
- Assist with development of PASCO annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports and other related communications as required by the PASCO Zambia team or others.
- Represent PASCO in critical technical and policy forums, in sharing innovative PASCO interventions to resolve supply challenges.
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team. Verify that USAID regulations, Chemonics policies, and quality management best practices are enforced consistently.
- Foster and demonstrate a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Public Health, Project Management, or other relevant degree required. Master’s or other relevant advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience, to include experience with international donor agencies. Experience on a USAID-funded project is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Zambian public health sector and/or public health supply chain environment required.
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision on work progress, and make significant contributions to end results.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Proactive, with a positive problem-solving approach and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Fluency in English and effective communication skills are required.
To apply please apply directly through this job advertisement or send a resume and expression of interest to [email protected] with a subject line of “Specialist, Commodity Security and Risk Management Position” by March 7, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Connexi is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.