Website Woodford School Lusaka
Imiti Ikula Empanga
Woodford School Lusaka (WSLsk) is a beautiful purpose-built and co-education private school operating in Lusaka`s Kabulonga area. Our education service provides a 21st-century learning experience to learners starting from Nursery up to Grade 7.
The school has rapidly grown to be one of the most respected names in the Zambian education sector serving the Lusaka community with a consistent record of outstanding academic achievement for examination classes.
Woodford School Lusaka`s philosophy for education is built upon intrinsic African values of inclusivity, nurturing the high aspirations of every child. The holistic development of all learners. ‘imiti ikula empanga’ is Woodford School`s motto. This belief permeates every aspect of life at our school. We aim to provide an enriching learning environment that empowers learners with appropriate skills, knowledge and understanding of a fast-changing world.
Woodford School Lusaka is a part of Rhodes Park Schools Group, a leading private education provider in Zambia. Our schools enjoy membership to the Independent Schools Association of Zambia (ISAZ), which provides excellent inter-school competitions, tournaments, and continuous professional development opportunities.
The core purpose of this role is planning, organizing and implementing of appropriate instructional programs in the Upper Primary section’s learning environment that guide and challenge students to acquire expected knowledge, skills and understanding to fulfill their potential in the 21st Century.
- Taking responsibility for a primary class, supporting, nurturing and taking a genuine interest in the holistic development of all children in that class;
- Working closely with Colleagues and the Head Teacher to ensure the effective teaching and learning.
- Planning and implementing a relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum;
- Planning and delivering lessons, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation;
- Contributing to collaborative learning at all levels of school life;
- Creating inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge, and a range of skills within an environment based on trust, respect, and fairness;
- Selecting relevant resources and leveraging digital tools to support and enhance learning;
- Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupil’s learning;
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents, and colleagues in a professional manner;
- Provide appropriate pastoral support as and when necessary;
- Play an active role in the school’s extra-curricular programmes
- Any other assigned duties
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
- Full Grade 12 certificate with 5 Credit or better;
- A minimum qualification of a Primary Teacher’s Diploma, a Bachelor’s Degree will be Added Advantage
- At least Two (2) year of work experience
- Qualified Teacher registered and licensed with The Teaching Council of Zambia (TCZ)
- A creative and enthusiastic approach to teaching and outdoor learning;
- Must be computer literate;
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for Children’s well-being and growth (curricular and extra-curricular).
If you believe you meet these terms, forward your Cover Letter, CV, NRC, TCZ License and certified copies of professional qualifications to [email protected] and clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.
Please note that applications that will not be in conformity with the above specifications will not be considered.