DataMate ICT Limited
- IT Service Desk is the central point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests.
- The role of the IT Support Technician is to provide level 2 support for all staff & client offices.
- The IT Support Technician is responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting
customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. IT Support staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail, in person (for walk-in customers) and self-service.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications.
- To assist all our users with any logged IT related incidents when called upon.
- To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating
incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system.
- To install and configure new IT equipment.
- To resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware.
- To resolve incidents with desktops, laptops, printers, copiers, scanners, PABX, access control,
CCTV systems, routers, switches and networks.
- To maintain a first class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated
efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- To maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with
technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- To be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
- To create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all staff in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self- sufficient.
- Exhibit a flexible approach to working on a Rota basis and provide necessary cover where needed.
- Be willing to attend internal training as necessary to keep up to date with the latest technology and internal system processes.
- To work within the relevant policies and procedures. (No Pirated Software Allowed)
- To participate in the Annual Performance Development Review Process.
- To actively support equality and diversity policies of Mian Computer Systems.
- To attend training courses as identified and agreed for appropriate development.
- Undertaking other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility.
- To ensure communication with clients is through company email or phone and as much as
possible cc the Director – Technical Solutions at all times
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send their application letters with copies of their CV’s before the 7th of March 2023 to [email protected]