Website Mabiza Resources Limited
Only The Best is Good Enough For Munali Nickel Mine
Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is in the Mazabuka District, 75kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Role: Multi-Rig Operator X 2 (Boomer and Simba Machines)
Reporting: Shift Boss
Job Purpose: Plan, execute mine cycle works of drilling and supporting of development ends according to the designed mine layout, to ensure development and production targets are attained safely and cost effectively.
- Ensuring work is done to the given specifications and to the adopted standards.
- Employ SOPs and SWPs to make development drilling works comply to standards.
- Carrying out face drills related works with full caution of work are safety for personnel and equipment.
- Ensuring 100% compliance to planned machine PMs and servicing.
- Ensure work area checklist and inspections are conducted.
- Always be readily available to get instructions for work areas.
- Carrying out drill related work safely.
- Determine correct turning angles to avoid damage to the unit on transportation.
- Ensuring communication with line-up supervisor for materials, machines and equipment needs.
- Feedback for proper completion of works before demobilising.
Skills & Qualifications: –
- At least a grade 12 school certificate
- Professional experienced in operating the Jumbo Drill Rig
- Experience in working in underground environment with the Jumbo Drill Rig
- Minimum 5 years work experience in operating the Jumbo Drill Rig for production and related works.
- Holder of the Zambian Mine Blasting Licence for all operations
- Safety conscious
- Good at interpersonal skills
- Hazard identification and control measures
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to:
The Human Resources Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 19th May 2023