Indaba Agriculture Policy Research Institute (IAPRI) is Zambia’s premier agricultural policy research institute established in 2011 to generate evidence and provide agricultural policy recommendations and impact assessment to contribute to sustainable pro-poor agricultural development in Zambia.
IAPRI seeks five (5) full-time paid graduate interns for 6 months starting April 2019. The Internship Programme offers eligible applicants the opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in agricultural policy research and outreach in Zambia. Read more about IAPRI and its thematic areas at www.iapri.org.zm.
The Interns will be based at IAPRI’s office in Kabulonga, Lusaka.
To be considered for this internship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have graduated with a Masters Degree or PhD within the past two years from reputable Universities in any of the following areas: Agricultural Economics, Economics, Environmental Economics, Geographic Information Systems, Communication and Media Studies, or related field.
- Have excellent academic record as demonstrated by university records.
- Have excellent writing skills
- Highly-organized and self-motivated
- Ability to work full-time for 6-months
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interns will have the opportunity to experience what it takes to work with a leading Agricultural Policy Think Tank in Zambia.
- Depending on the intern’s training and expertise, interns will be assigned to work under the Research Directorate, Outreach Directorate or IAPRI’s Business Development Unit.
- Responsibilities include assisting staffwith: research on ongoing or upcoming papers; literature review, data collection and analysis; drafting project proposals; and/or organising and managing outreach events.
- To enhance their skills, all interns will be required to take part in IAPRI capacity building programmes.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to [email protected]. The application should include the following: cover letter; CV, and copies of academic documents and transcripts.
Closing date: 25 March 2019