What is Accountancy?
Accountancy professionals record and analyse the finances of individuals, companies and other organisations. Accountancy is a popular subject for students with many employment opportunities available. A recent study of the top 100 companies in the UK found that nearly half of Chief Executive Officer’s had a background in finance.
- Accounting Technician
- Accounts Assistant
- Financial Accountant
- Management Accountant
- Group Accountant
What skills do you need to work in accountancy?
- Numerical dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Ability to use accountancy software and information technology
Where do accountants work?
Accountants are required by both the public and private sector. Accountants often work within accountancy practices undertaking work for a number of clients. Alternatively they may work in-house undertaking work on an employed basis. Accountants can specialise in many areas including: audit and assurance, corporate finance, forensic accounting and tax.
Typical work activities
- Maintaining ledgers
- Administering payroll
- Compiling tax returns
- Preparing financial statements
- Analysing and reporting on key financial data
- Assessing the financial viability of new projects
Find out more
- Free Course – Accounting & Financial Statements
- Free Course – Introduction to Financial and Management Accounting
- Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants – ZICA
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Zambia
- Career Profiles – ACCA
- Career Profiles – CIMA
- Association of Accounting Technicians – AAT
Search for jobs in accountancy
To find the latest jobs in accountancy in Zambia check out www.gozambiajobs.com today.