CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE OF ADVERTISEMENTS
Orders for insertion of advertisements in GZJ LTD titles are accepted subject to the following conditions:
1. By placing the order the Advertiser warrants that the advertisement is legal, decent, honest and truthful complying with any relevant codes of practice and with all requirements of current legislation and that it contains nothing that is defamatory or that constitutes an infringement of the proprietary or other rights of any third party.
2. The Advertiser agrees to indemnify the GZJ LTD in respect of all costs, damages or other charges falling upon the GZJ LTD as the result of legal actions or threatened legal actions arising from the publication of the advertisement.
3. While every endeavour will be made to meet the wishes of the Advertiser, the GZJ LTD does not guarantee the insertion of any particular advertisement either on any specified date or dates or at all.
4. All advertisements must be accompanied by the name and address of the Advertiser for record purposes. GZJ LTD may require evidence to establish the Advertiser’s bona fides and to substantiate any claims made in the advertisement.
5. (i) In no circumstances shall the total liability of GZJ LTD for any error, misprint or omission exceed (a) the amount of a full refund of any price paid to the GZJ LTD for the advertisement in connection with which liability arose or (b) the cost of a further or corrective advertisement of a type and standard reasonably comparable to that in connection with which liability arose.
(ii) GZJ LTD shall not be liable for any loss or damage occasioned by any total or partial failure (however caused) of publication of any advertisement.
6. GZJ LTD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO:
(i) Cancel the order at any time by giving reasonable notice before the next insertion, but in that event the Advertiser shall not be liable for payment of the difference (if any) between the rates for the series specified in the order and the usual price for the series of insertions which has appeared when the order is stopped;
(ii) Make any alteration it considers necessary or desirable in an advertisement and to require artwork or copy to be amended to meet its approval.
7. GZJ LTD reserves the right to reject or amend advertisements for reasons including, but not limited to,
- too much copy submitted.
- improper text used within the advertisement copy.
- advertisements submitted to the wrong classification.
8. (i) The copyright for all purposes in all artwork, copy and other material which GZJ LTD or its employees have originated, contributed to or reworked shall vest in GZJ LTD. (ii) GZJ LTD is hereby authorised to record, reproduce, publish, distribute and broadcast (or to permit the same) all advertisements (including but not limited to text, artwork and photographs) and to include and make them available in any information service, electronic or otherwise.
9. The placing of an order by an Advertiser constitutes an assurance that all necessary authority and permission has been secured in respect of the use in the advertisement(s) of pictorial representations of (or purporting to be of) living persons, and of references to the words attributed to living persons.
10. The placing of an order for the insertion of an advertisement shall amount to an acceptance of the above conditions and any conditions stipulated on an Advertiser’s order form or elsewhere shall be void insofar as they are in conflict with them.