What is Architecture?
Architecture is concerned with the design and engineering of new and existing buildings and other large structures. Architecture is often said to transcend art and science and shape the surroundings. The Eiffel Tower, The Empire State Building and The Sydney Opera House are some of the best known architectural buildings of modern times.
- Architectural engineer
- Architect designer
- Architectural technologist
What skills do you need to work in architecture?
- Excellent attention to detail
- Visual aptitude and drawing ability
- Numerical dexterity
- Ability to use architecture computer software and information technology
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Where do architecture professionals work?
Architecture professionals will often specialise in one of the following areas:
Typical work activities
- Designing and developing proposals
- Advising clients on building projects
- Producing detailed plans and specifications
- Compliance with health and safety regulations
- Managing contractors
- Financial management
Find out more
- Careers in Architecture – RIBA
- The Zambia Institute of Architects – ZIA
- So you want to be an architect?
To find the latest jobs in accountancy in Zambia check out www.gozambiajobs.com today.