HELSB – Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
CHINA – AFRICA FRIENDSHIP SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Zambian nationals that meet the minimum requirements outlined here below to contest for scholarships under the China-Africa Friendship Scholarship Scheme for the 2020/2021 Academic Year. Available are: Fifteen (15) Masters and PhD in the following fields of study: Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Education, Chinese Study and Journalism.
- Be Zambian citizens with Green National Registration Cards (NRC)
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree; and
- Be of maximum age 34 years by September 2020
- Hold a relevant Master’s degree; and
- Be of maximum age 39 years by September 2020
CONDITIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
Candidates should meet own cost towards:
- Expenses to and from the Airport;
- Any short fall not adequetely covered by the scholarship.
This is deperdent on the programme to be pursued (2 to 4 years). Some may, however, include 1 year of Chinese language.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should submit:
- A typed application letter responding to the advertisement, clearly stating the field of study desired, age and mobile phone number for easy communication;
- Curriculum Vitae, Certfied Photocopies of Educational Certificates, Results Transcripts, NRC, eight (8) colour passport size photos and colour photo copy of pages 2 and 3 of the passport;
- Two Letters of Recommendation from Professors or Associate Professors;
- A study plan or synopsis of summarized details of the preferred course and how the intended course of study will enhance one’s contribution to Zambia’s development (400 words);
Employers’ Recommendation letters stating that they would be granted leave to take up offers if selected for those in formal employment.
It is a requirement by the host country thet all nominated candidates undergo comprehensive medical examinations including the HIV and Hepatitis B tests.
Nominated candidates must note thet last-minute withdrawals will attract serious sanctions from HELSB which may include being blacklisted.
Applications should be addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
P.O. Box 50464
Hand delivered to:
Room 23 (Registry)
Maxwell House, Annex Building
Los Angeles Boulevard, Longacres
Closing date: Friday 13th December 2019
For any clarification, contact us on telephone: +260 211-250726,
i. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered. Any applicant who would not hear from us by Friday 31st January, 2020 should consider his/her application as unsuccessful;
ii. Applicants should apply in only one field of study.
Ireen Nayame Chirwa (Mrs)
Chief Executive Officer
HIGHER EDUCATION LOANS AND SCHOLARSHIPS BOARD
it is possible.